Zvi Lachman is an Israeli sculptor and educator.
Zvi Lachman (b. 1950) studied sculpture in classes of Ashkenazi, Sternschuss and Danziger. In 1972 Lachman graduated with BSc degree in civil engineering from Technion. Lachman studied Architecture in Technion from 1973 till 1976, working as an architect in IDF Navy Construction department at the same time. In 1978 - 1980 he studied sculpture with Chaim Gross in New York as well as attending Parsons School of Design, from which he graduated in 1980 with MFA.
Zvi Lachman taught at the Avni Institute of Art and Design in Tel Aviv from 1985 till 1989. He teaches painting and sculpture at the workclasses of Tel Aviv Museum of Art since 1987. Lachman taught sculpture and painting in the "Midrasha" schoold of art of Beit Berl from 1992 till 1996 and Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design from 1999 till 2003.
Lachman works are part of collection of Israel Museum and private/corporate collections around the world.
- 1977 Paintings and Drawings, Sof Hashdera, Tel-Aviv.
- 1990 "Figure", Sculpture, Herzliya Museum of Contemporary Art.
- 1990 Works on Paper, Gordon Gallery, Tel-Aviv.
- 1993 "Head", Sculptures and works on paper, Gordon Gallery.
- 1994 Painting and drawing, Gordon Gallery.
- 1997 Pastels, Gordon Gallery.
- 1997 "Poets portraits", Poetry Festival, Metula.
- 1999 Gilgamesh Bibliophilic book: Edition of 64 books. Sotheby's, Tel-Aviv.
- 1999 Gilgamesh, Artspace Gallery, Jerusalem.
- 1999 Ransom of the Father Sculptures and works on paper, Museum of Israeli Art, Ramat-Gan.
- 1999 Sculpture installation of "Akedah" (The Binding of Isaac), Meir Hospital, Kefar-Saba.
- 2002 Recent Works from the Studio, 473 Broadway St., New York.
- 2002 Canvasses Against Black, Golkonda Gallery, Tel-Aviv.
- 2003 Angussim, The open Museum, Industrial Park, Omer.
- 2004 Angussim, The open Museum, Industrial Park, Omer.
- 2005 Deathfugue (Bibliophilic book: Edition of 18 books, each includes
- 2005 10 etchings signed and numbered by the artist, The print-shop, Jerusalem.
- 2006 Sculpture installation of "Hanna", Sheba hospital, Tel- Hashomer.
- 2006 Sculpture installation of three Head sculptures,
- 2006 Sculpture Garden, Herzelia College.
- 2007 Amida (sculpture), Golkonda gallery, 117 Herzel st, Tel-Aviv.
- 2007 Poets' Portraits. Beit Reuven Museum, Tel-Aviv.
- 2007 Yeshiva University Museum, New York.
- 2008 Sculpture installation of "Asia", sculpture outside Straus Building,
- 2008 The Industrial Center, Petakh-Tikva.
- 2008 Thy Face: Poets' Portraits, Wilfred Museum, Hazorea.
- 2008 Poets' Portraits. Meisel Museum, Denver, Colorado.
- 2008 Poets’ Portraits The Rubin Frankel Gallery, Boston University.
- 2011 Self and Portrait Alon Segev Gallery.
- 2011 Standing Man, Sitting Woman. Alon Segev Gallery.
- Five Young Artists, New York Studio School.
- Aluminum, New York Studio School.
- Aluminum, Parsons, New York.
- "Artists from Herzlia", Works on Paper, Merl, Germany.
- Homage to Rembrandt, Artists' House, Tel-Aviv.
- Sculpture, The Little Forest, Ra‘ananna.
- Ten Years of Israeli Sculpture, The Open Museum, Tefen, Kfar Havradim.
- Autumn Salon, The Museum of Israeli Art, Ramat-Gan.
- Sculpture Installation, Israel Festival, Jerusalem.
- Sculpture, The Little Forest, Ra’ananna.
- Poets’ Portraits, Fischer Gallery, Mishkenot Sha’ananim, Jerusalem.
- Hester Panim ("Face Hiding"), drawing and painting,
- Petach-Tikva Museum.
- Akedat Yitzchak, Sculpture, Meny H Gallery, Tel-Aviv.
- In Memory of Yitzchak Rabin. Eretz Israel Museum, Tel-Aviv.
- To Be or Not, Installation, Jerusalem Theatre.
- Eye Level, Artists’ House, Jerusalem.
- Mini-Arture Works, Florence, Italy.
- Portraits, Bat-Yam Museum.
- Where Did We Come From and Where Are We Heading, Petach-Tikva Museum.
- Israeli Artists for Peace, Givatayim Theatre, Givatayim.
- Milk, Honey and Ink: Works on Paper of Israeli Artists, Yale University, New Haven.
- Israeli Sculpture 1948-1998: Milestones,The Open Museum,
- Installation - Tefen Industrial Park.
- Local dialogue: Sculpture, Herzliya Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Light and Shade: Drawing and Painting of Israeli Artists in Moskva, Russia.
- The Moment After or The Moment Before, Art Gallery, Um El Fachem.
- Balance: Sculpture, Tel-Aviv Courtyard, Tel-Aviv.
- New works from Israel, Gilgallery, Los Angeles.
- Europ’Art: Nouveau Salon d’Art Contemporain,
- Place de la Porte d’Auteuil, Paris.
- Portraits from antiquity to the present, Tel-Aviv Museum.
- Homage to an old master, Givataim Theatre.
- Artists Against the Conquest, Ashdot-Yaakov Museum.
- Negohot: Homage to Uri Zvi Grinberg, Museum of Jewish Art, Ramat-Gan.
- Wandering Library, Venice Biennale.
- Drawing. Old & New, The Municipal Art Gallery, Bait "Yad Labanim", Raanana.
- Traces II – Israeli Biennale for drawing, The Jerusalem artists' house, Jerusalem.
- Recent works, Golkonda Gallery, Tel Aviv.
- The continuous mark: 40 Years of the New York Studio School, New York.
- Wounds and Bandages, Umm al-Fahm Art Gallery, Umm al-Fahm.
- Sculpture Garden named after Yoav Dagon, Ramat Hasharon.
- Global View: Outdoor Sculpture Exhibition, Tel-Aviv.
- Self-Portraits, The Municipal Gallery, Givataim.
- Sculpture Garden, The Hebrew House, Riverdale, NY.
- Second Croatian Biennial of Illustrations, The Klovićevi dvori gallery, Zagreb.
- Soul Searching, HiTouch, a place for contemporary art, Herzelia.