Junius Rogers (born September 20, 1999), professionally known as ZillaKami, is an American rapper and songwriter. He is a member of the hip hop group City Morgue and a former songwriter for 6ix9ine.
Rogers was born in Bay Shore, New York in 1999. In his teens, Rogers formed a punk rock band with some of his friends from school, influenced by the sound of Gorilla Biscuits. His involvement in hip hop music began by ghostwriting and developing the image for fellow New York rapper 6ix9ine, even coming up with the idea for his rainbow-based aesthetic. During this period, he wrote a song which he intended to feature two vocalists, to which 6ix9ine responded by telling him that he should feature on the track, which would eventually be released under the name "Yokai", and the pair followed up with by releasing another collaborative track called "Hellsing Station". However, in August 2017, the pair had a falling out when Rogers posted a photo of 6ix9ine engaging in a sexual act with a girl that he claimed was thirteen, and bringing to light his prior guilty plea to using a child in a sexual performance.
On 30 April 2017, he released his debut EP "LifeIsAHorrorMovie", which he later took down due to him no longer feeling a connection with the music that is contained.
Soon after, ZillaKami got in contact with the son of the owner of the tattoo parlour that his older brother Righteous P worked at, who went by the stage name SosMula. A few days after his release from prison on drug charges, SosMula formed City Morgue with ZillaKami. In August 2018, after numerous singles scattered throughout the couple years before, they released their debut EP as a group, titled "Be Patient".
On 5 September 2018, he featured on the track "Vengeance" from Denzel Curry's third album Ta13oo, which also featured JPEGMafia, which was followed, in the same month, by a feature on Lil Gnar's track "Man Down".
On 12 October 2018, City Morgue released their debut album "City Morgue Vol 1: Hell or High Water", and soon after, their headline tour in support of it sold out.
On 13 December 2019, City Morgue released their second album "City Morgue Vol 2: As Good As Dead".
Musical style and influence
ZillaKami's music has been described as merging elements of hardcore punk and heavy metal with trap music, by incorporating guttural shouted vocals and aggressive lyrical themes. His lyrics often depict themes of extreme violence, death, masochism and drug-use. In an article by Complex magazine, writer Jacob Moore described his music as "the most merciless rap music since Necro". Many aspects of his music would also be borrowed by 6ix9ine, both during and after Rogers' period of writing for him.
He cites his biggest influences as Title Fight's albums Floral Green and Hyperview, DMX, as well as Radiohead's album In Rainbows and Onyx.
- LifeIsAHorrorMovie (2017)
- German Dogs (2019)
- Anti (TBA)
With City Morgue
- City Morgue, Vol. 1: Hell or High Water (2018)
- City Morgue, Vol. 2: As Good as Dead (2019)
- Be Patient (2018)
- 6ix9ine – "Yokai" (2016)
- 6ix9ine – "Hellsing Station" (2016)
- $ubjectz – "GangShit" ft. Cameronazi (2017)
- $ubjectz – "War Paint" ft. Cameronazi (2017)
- ITSOKTOCRY – "SHINIGAMISTARSHIP" (2017)
- Cameronazi – "AREYOUREADYKIDS?" ft. $ubjectz (2017)
- Cameronazi – "Squad Up" (2017)
- Cameronazi – "Devil horns" (2017)
- Saint Poncho – "FVKKK" (2017)
- XZARKHAN – "Jungle Klipped" (2017)
- BROC $TEEZY – "Want Em Dead" ft. fl.vco & KXNG (2018)
- Yadrin – "Demonscall" (2018)
- Yadrin – "BHUM BUKKET RMX" ft. SosMula (2018)
- Stoney – "Runnin'" (2018)
- BurnKas – "Red Rum" (2018)
- Denzel Curry – "VENGEANCE" ft. JPEGMafia (2018)
- Lil Gnar – "Man Down" (2018)
- Powers Pleasant – "Please Forgive" ft. Jay IDK, Zombie Juice and Denzel Curry (2018)
- Danon The Producer – "Shootinphotos" (2018)
- DrownMili – "Kid Soulja" ft. BurnKas (2018)
- ESKIIIS – "I Solemnly Swear" (2018)
- RAMIREZ - BAPHOMET/MOSH PIT KILLA (2019)
- POUYA & CITY MORGUE - Bulletproof Shower Cap (2019)
- Denzel Curry - EVIL TWIN (2020)