Şehzade Yusuf Izzeddin (Ottoman Turkish: شہزارہ یوسف عزالدین; 29 September 1857 - 1 February 1916) was an Ottoman prince, the son of Sultan Abdülaziz and his wife Empress Dürrünev Kadın.
Prince Yusuf lived in obscurity from the time of his father's death in 1876 until the dethronement of his cousin, Sultan Abdul Hamid II in 1909. Under the Turkish constitution, Yusuf, the oldest Ottoman prince, became heir to his cousin, Mehmed V. Considered a modernizer and reformer, he apparently committed suicide on 1 February 1916. It was suspected at the time that he might have been murdered at the connivance of the powerful minister of war, Enver Pasha, with whom he had clashed.
He married six times:
- HIH Princess Çeşmiahu Hanım (buried in Istanbul, Askaray, Pertevniyal Valide Sultan Türbesi), married at Beşiktaş Palace, Istanbul, and had:
- HIH Prince Şehzade Mehmed Sadeddin.
- HIH Prince Șehzade Mehmed Bahaeddin (February 1883 - 8 November 1883, buried in Istanbul, Askaray, Pertevniyal Valide Sultan Türbesi).
- HIH Princess Cavidan Hanım alias Züleyha (née Esma Achba, Kars, Caucasus, 12 January 1870 - Goztepe, Istanbul, c. 1935), married at Istanbul, Beşiktaş Palace, 20 May 1885, daughter of Prince Ömer Pasha Achba by his wife Princess Ayşe Kemalifer Hanım Dziapş-lpa, daughter of Princess Mahmud Bey Dziapş-lpa by his wife Princess Halime Hanım Çikotua, without issue.
- HIH Princess Nazikeda Hanım (née Amine Aredba, Sohum, 30 May 1872 - Erenkoy, Asia Minor, c. 1946), married at Istanbul, Beşiktaş Palace on 6 July 1886, daughter of Prince Halil Bey Aredba, without issue.
- HIH Princess Tazende Hanım (née Faika, Poti, 10 October 1875 - Ortakoy, c. 1950), married at Istanbul, Beşiktaş Palace on 15 October 1892, without issue.
- HIH Princess Ebruniyaz Hanım, married at Istanbul, Çamılça Palace, without issue.
- HIH Princess Leman Hanım Ünlüsoy (Batum, 6 June 1888 - Çamılça Palace, Istanbul, 3 August 1953), married at Istanbul, Çamılça Palace on 4 February 1904, daughter of Ahmed Bey by his wife Şükriye Hanım, and had:
- HIH Prince Șehzade Mehmed Nizameddin (Beşiktaş Palace, Istanbul, 18 December 1908 - Locarno, Italy, 19 March 1933, buried in Sultan Mahmud II Mausoleum, Istanbul), Lieut. Ottoman Army.
- HIH Princess Hatice Şükriye Sultan (Çamılça Palace, Scutari, 24 February 1906 - Cairo, Egypt, 1 April 1972, buried in Sultan Mahmud Mausoleum, Istanbul), received the Şefkat Nişanı 1st class, married firstly at Istanbul, Nişantaşi Palace on 14 November 1923 and divorced at Cairo, 15 June 1927, to HIH Prince Șehzade Damat Mehmed Şerifeddin (Ortakoy Palace, Istanbul, 19 May 1904 - 1966), second son of HIH Prince Șehzade Suleiman, by his third wife, Tarziter Hanım, married secondly at Cairo, Egypt, on 4 September 1935 and divorced, to HH Shaikh Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, Ruler of Kuwait (c. 1885 - Dasman Palace, Kuwait City, 29 January 1950), eldest son of Shaikh Jaber II Al-Sabah, Ruler of Kuwait, she married at Cairo, April 1949, to HH Damat Mehmed Şefik Zia Bey Efendi (Cyprus, c. 1894 - 197?), son of Hasan Bahcat. With her husband Ahmed of Kuwait she had a son - the current crown prince of Kuwait.
- HIH Princess Mihriban Mihrişah Sultan (Beşiktaş Palace, Istanbul, 30 August 1916 - Istanbul, 25 January 1987, buried in Sultan Mahmud II Mausoleum), married at Alexandria, 31 July 1948, as his second wife, Captain HIH Prince Șehzade Ömer Faruk (Ortakoy Palace, Istanbul, 29 February 1898 - 28 March 1969), only son of HM Caliph Abdülmecid II, by his first wife HH Şehsuvar Kadın.
Ottoman orders and decorations:
- Collar of the Hanedanı-Ali Osman
- Order of Osmaniye
- Order of Distinction
- Order of Mecidiye
Foreign orders and decorations:
- Grand Cross of the order of Leopold (1910)
- Order of White Eagle Serbia (1911)
- Knight of the order of SS Cyril & Methodius of Bulgaria (1911)
- Knight of the Order of the Black Eagle of Prussia (1911)
- King George V Coronation Medal (1911)