|A.K.A.||Yury Vasilyevich Shatunov|
|Birth||6 September 1973, Kumertau|
Yura Shatunov (Russian: Юра Шатунов) (born 6 September 1973 in Kumertau, USSR) is a Russian singer, best known as being the former frontman of the Russian 1980s band Laskoviy Mai.
Yuri was born on September 6, 1973 in Russia former (USSR), in the Russian republic of Bashkortostan. Since the age of three, he was abandoned by his father and was raised by his mother. When he was eleven years old his mother died of heart disease, and he was to live with his aunt and maternal grandparents, who soon found themselves unable to cope with his behavior.
He was sent to Varenburg Children's Home Number 2 in Varenburg, Saratov Oblast, where he was known as a 'ragamuffin' or 'smoky' due to his dark tanned skin. Yuri had a reputation for poor behavior (e.g. running away from the orphanage and playing guitar and singing on the streets to get money, cigarettes, getting into fights, avoiding work).
Regardless the troublesome childhood, Yuri had an exceptional hearing, and sang very well. Yuri met with Sergei Kuznetsov, who was a music teacher in the orphanage, and they created a band, "Laskoviy Mai" ("Tender May"). In this group they frequently sang about unfortunate love which was very non typical to that time and especially very unusual for the young band members who were in their early teens in 1986. This group, in which Shatunov was the frontman, existed from 1986 to 1992, and was very popular in Russia. Then Yuri moved to Germany, there he went on to completing his education (which was disturbed and unfinished due to a very turbulent childhood and early career in music) and learning how to become the music producer.
Yuri has a wife named Svetlana and two children, son named Dennis (born 5 September 2006) and a daughter named Estella (born 13 March 2013). Yuri and Svetlana got married in 2007 in Germany after 7 years of dating.
Yuri Shatunov is currently busy working on his solo career, and performs very frequently in Russia, Germany and other Eastern European countries including some of the former Soviet block in Central Asia like Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
Greatest hits with practice-, studio- and remix-versions
- Belye rozy - White roses : 1986 demo, 1988, 1996 remix, 2003 remix, 2004, 2005
- Zabud - Forget : 2001, 2002 remix, 2004
- Tet-a-tet - One-in-one : 2011
- A leto cveta - The summer colors : 2012
- Detstvo - Childhood : 1992, 2002, 2005
- Sedaya noch - Gray night : 1986 demo, 1988, 1996 remix, 2001
- Ne boisya - Do not be afraid : 2003
- Rozovyi vecher - Pink evening : 1988 - 1996 remix, 2003 remix, 2005
- Gryozy - Dreams : 2014
- Leto - Summer : 1986 demo, 1988 - 1996 remix, 2001, 2004
- Vecher holodnoyi zimy - Cold winter evening : 1986 demo, 1988, 2002
- Ryadom s nei - Next to her : 2014
- Chto zhe ty, leto - What are you, summer : 2002
- Nu chto zhe ty - Well, what are you : 1986 demo, 1988, 1996 remix, 2004
- Zvyozdnaya noch - Starry night : 1992
- Poezda - Trains : 2014
- Pust budet noch - Let it be the night : 1986 demo, 1988, 2004
- Glupye snezhinki - Silly snowflakes : 1988, 2011
- Volosy - Hair : 2014
- Zapishi moi golos na kassettu - Write down my voice on tape : 2005
- Medlenno uhodit osen - Slowly autumn leaves : 1986 demo, 1988, 2002, 2005
- Odnoklassniki - Classmates : 2015
- Maiskii vecher - May evening : 2008, 2012
- Zvezda - Stars : 2015
- Padayut listya - Fall leaves : 2001, 2002 remix
- Ot belyh roz - From the white rose : 2011
- Tayuschii sneg - Melting snow : 1986 demo, 1988, 1996 remix, 2005
- I ya pod kitaru - And I play guitar : 2015
- Romashki - Daisies : 2012
- I upav na koleni - And falling on his knees : 1993
- Ty prosto byl : You just had : 1988
- Ya otkrovenen - I frankly : 1986 demo, 1988, 1996 remix, 2004
- Posle vypusknogo - After graduation : 2005
- Privet - Hello : 2012
- Esli hochesh - If you want to : 2004
- Ya teryayu - I lose : 2001, 2002 remix
- Mama - Mother : 1993
- Ya veryu - I believe : 2012
- Bez tebya - Without you : 2012
- Skolko mozhno - How much : 2005
- A pomnish - The remember : 1999, 2005
- Ya peressorilsya v dozhdyom - I quarreled in the rain : 2001
- Ty prosti menya, prosti - Forgive me, forgive : 2005
Not available other live-Version of same Hits.