|Intro||Cuban volleyball player|
|Is||Athlete Volleyball player Beach volleyball player|
|Birth||8 May 1978, Camagüey, Camagüey Province, Cuba|
Yumilka Daysi Ruíz Luaces (born 8 May 1978 in Camagüey) is a retired volleyball player from Cuba, who represented her native country in four consecutive Summer Olympics, starting in 1996. She twice won a gold medal with the national team in 1996 and 2000; she also claimed the bronze at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece.
She retired in 2008 aged 30. At 1.79m the outside hitter had a jumping power reaching 3.28m.
In August 2008 she was elected as a member of the International Olympic Committee by the 120th IOC Session.
After three years of inactivity Ruiz made a comeback in 2012 to play in Russian League for Uralochka-NTMK EKATERINBURG and participated in the European Champions League. She is still in contract with the club for 2013/14.
- Medinex Reggio Calabria (1996–2000)
- Ciudad Habana (2000–2006)
- Uralochka-NTMK (2004–2005)
- Camagüey (2006–2008)
- Uralochka-NTMK (2012–)
- 2002 Pan-American Cup "Most Valuable Player"
- 2002 World Championship "Best Scorer"
- 2003 NORCECA Championship "Most Valuable Player"
- 2004 FIVB World Grand Prix "Best Spiker"
- 2005 Pan-American Cup "Best Spiker"
- 2004/2005 Russian Super League "Most Valuable Player"
- 2004/2005 Russian Super League – Champion, with Uralochka-NTMK
- 2000 CEV Cup – Champion, with Medinex Reggio Calabria
- 1999/2000 Italian Championship – Runner-up, with Medinex Reggio Calabria
- 2000 Italian Super Cup – Champion, with Medinex Reggio Calabria
- 2000 Italian Cup – Champion, with Medinex Reggio Calabria
- 1998/1999 Italian Championship – Runner-up, with Medinex Reggio Calabria
- 1999 Italian Cup – Runner-up, with Medinex Reggio Calabria
- 1998 CEV Cup – Runner-up, with Medinex Reggio Calabria