Richard "Younglord" Frierson (born 1978) is an American hip hop and R&B record producer. In 2014, Frierson founded online beat shop BeatsOfTheGods.
A native of New York City, he was signed in November 1994, at the age of sixteen, to Puff Daddy's Hitmen Production Team  producing for the label's roster including Mase, The Lox, Faith Evans and 112. He has since produced for outside acts such as Virtue, DMX, Lloyd Banks, Veronica, New Edition and Consequence. Most recently his success was with the Diddy comeback single "Come to Me", which reached Number 9 on The U.S. Billboard Hot 100 Singles Sales co-produced by Yakubu "Jai" Izuagbe also known as Rebel.
Frierson: The Talent Scout
Frierson was also partly responsible for the now infamous producer Ryan Leslie's meeting with P. Diddy after Leslie was given a 30-day contract as a music production intern for Frierson. When the two producers created the Beyoncé Knowles song "Keep Giving Your Love To Me" for the Bad Boys 2 soundtrack, Ryan was asked to meet P. Diddy.
Frierson conceptualized an incubator system for artists, allowing creative space for growth for up and coming artists and producers. Finding such talent such as Terry "MaddScientist" Thomas and Atozzio, he helped guide and prepare them up until the point where they would be able to sign a publishing deal with EMI Music Publishing.
Identifying and supporting burgeoning artists has been a crucial factor for Frierson. After speaking at lectures at Berklee College of Music, Frierson met Keith Harris, guiding him to LA, where he eventually became Production Partner for Black Eyed Peas' Will I Am, working on two of the last Black Eyed Peas albums, and also working on Estelle's hit single, "American Boy". Chris Henderson, another talent under Frierson's wings, went on to write the hit record "Blame It" by Jamie Foxx, and has written for R&B hit man R. Kelly.
Beats Of The Gods
In 2014, Frierson founded online instrumental leasing and purchasing website called BeatsOfTheGods. Beats Of The Gods sells instrumentals from platinum-status producers in the music industry at affordable rates.
- 1997: Puff Daddy - No Way Out
- 1997: Mase - Harlem World
- 1997: Big Pun - You Ain't A Killer
- 1997: Big Pun - Caribbean Connection
- 1997: The Notorious B.I.G.- Hypnotize
- 1998: Big Pun - Capital Punishment
- 1998: Fat Joe - Don Cartagena
- 1998: Faith Evans - Keep The Faith
- 1998: 112 - Room 112
- 1998: The Lox - Money,Power, Respect
- 1999: Tash - Rap Life
- 2000: Lil Kim - The Notorious K.I.M.
- 2000: Big Pun - Yeeeah Baby
- 2000: Big Pun - It's So Hard
- 2000: Girlfight Soundtrack
- 2000: LL Cool J - Leave It On The Floor (Gatorade Commercial)
- 2001: Fat Joe - J.O.S.E.
- 2001: Fat Joe - He's Not Real
- 2002: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- 2002: LL Cool J - Big Mama Remix
- 2002: Kool G Rap - The Giancana Story
- 2003: LL Cool J - 10
- 2003: Loon - Loon
- 2003: Beyoncé - Keep Giving Your Love To Me
- 2003: Bad Boys Soundtrack
- 2004: New Edition - One Love
- 2004: Virtue - Nothing But The Hits
- 2004: Pitch Black Law
- 2005: Ginuwine - Back II da Basics
- 2006: Diddy - Press Play
- 2006: Lloyd Banks - Gilmore's
- 2006: Diddy - Come To Me
- 2006: Lloyd Banks - Rotten Apple
- 2006: Blowin Up: The Album
- 2007: Consequence - Don't Quit Your Day Job
- 2007: Cheri Dennis - In And Out Of Love
- 2007: Paula DeAnda - Easy
- 2008: Dem Franchise Boyz - Our World, Our Way
- 2009: Notorious (Original Soundtrack)