You Xie (謝盛友) (October 1, 1958 in Hainan) is a German journalist and author of Chinese origin.
When You Xie was born, there was a famine in China. He grew up during the cultural revolution and could therefore not the school, but had to work in the country. From 1979 to 1983 he studied German and English at the Sun Yat-sen University in Guangzhou. After graduation (B.A.), he worked as an interpreter for VW in Shanghai.
In 1988, he came to study at the Otto-Friedrich University, Bamberg and studied German language and literature, journalism and European Ethnology. in 1993 he graduated on the press policies of the Communist Party of China. From 1993 to 1996, he studied law at the Friedrich-Alexander-University, Erlangen-Nuremberg.
At the time of the Tiananmen Massacre he was Chairman of the Association of Chinese students and scholars in Germany e.V. in 1999 he founded the Chinese language journal "European Chinese News" that appeared until 2011. Since 2006 You Xie is editor of the Christian magazine "Overseas Campus". In 2010, You Xie was selected among the "Top 100 Chinese Public Intellectuals" by the Chinese Newspaper 南方周末 "Southern Weekly". On 20 April 2013, the members of the Bamberg CSU selected Xie in the county board. He got 141 of 220 votes, the best result of all county board members. In 2014, Xie was elected to the Bamberg City Council with the most votes of all CSU candidates.
Xie is Vice President Association of Chinese language writers in Europe (欧洲华文作家协会) and lives with his wife Shenhua Xie Zhang in Bamberg, where he runs the China Fan snack bar. Since 2010, he has German citizenship.
You Xie is a descendant of Xie An (Chinese 謝安, pinyin Xiè Ān, 320-385), the Duke Wenjing of Luling during the Jin dynasty, in 56. Generation.
You Xies ancestor Xie Wen Qing (謝文卿, 1046 - 1126) was the Duke of Putian in the Song dynasty. Xie Wen Qing is a descendant of Xie An in 26. Generation, and exiled on the subtropical island of Hainan. You Xie is a descendant of Xie Wen Qing in 30. Generation.
His great-grandfather, grandfather and father were in the Kuomintang of China. His grandfather took part in the Northern Expedition. His father was the General Manager of the Bank of Taichengfeng. The company was founded in 1912 by his great-grandfather and as a part of the Bank of China. The Bank of Taichengfeng was expropriated in the state-owned enterprises in 1957.
His great-aunt was Xie Fei (Chinese 谢飞, pinyin Fēi Xiè, 1913-2013) from Wenchang, Hainan Province. Xie Fei participated in the long March in 1934 and was the third wife of Liu Shaoqi, the President of People's Republic of China from 1959 to 1968.
- Als Chinese in Bamberg, Erich Weiß Verlag, Bamberg, 2013, ISBN 978-3-940821-28-7
- 微言德国, Deutschland betrachten (1. bis 4. Band), China Fan Verlag, Bamberg, 2001, ISBN 3-00-007430-9
- Identität,Integrität, Integration, Serie in European Chinese News, Ausgabe Dezember 2010 ff.
- 主编《那片热土》, 旅德中华学术联谊会出版, Göttingen, 1996
- 主编《東張西望:看歐洲家庭教育》, 新銳文創, Taipeh, 2011, ISBN 9789866094057
- 主编《歐洲綠生活：向歐洲學習過節能、減碳、廢核的日子》, 釀出版, Taipeh, 2013, ISBN 9789865871475
- 1st Prize Central Daily News (Taipei) 1994
- Kulturpreis Reform- und Öffnungspolitik
- Literaturpreis HAIGUI 2011
- Literaturpreis Creaders.net 2012
- Literaturpreis PIAOMUBEI 2014
- Lotus Literaturpreis (Poesie), Peking 2016