Yevgeniy Aleksandrovich Yevstigneyev (Russian: Евгений Александрович Евстигнеев) (9 October 1926 in Nizhny Novgorod – 5 March 1992 in London) was a prominent Soviet movie and theater actor and one of the founders of Moscow's Sovremennik Theatre. He was a People's Artist of the USSR (1983). Winner of USSR State Prize (1974).
Yevgeniy Yevstigneyev was born on 9 October 1926 in Nizhny Novgorod. A graduate of Gorki Theatrical School (1951) he was an actor of the Vladimir Regional Drama Theatre from 1951 to 1954. In 1956 he graduated the Nemirovich-Danchenko School-Studio at MKhAT. From 1957 to 1970 he was an actor of Sovremennik Theatre and from 1970 he acted on stage of the famous MKhAT.
Yevgeniy Yevstigneyev was among the originators of Sovremennik Theatre, and became one of the key figures in the developing troupe of Yefremov’s MKhAT.
Possessing a brilliant gift of a comic and dramatic actor, Yevstigneyev was immensely popular. His appearance in any film or play guaranteed it a success with viewers. Among his unforgettable performances was the portrayal of Professor Preobrazhensky in Heart of a Dog.
- Nine Days in One Year (Девять дней одного года, 1962) as Nikolai Ivanovich
- Welcome, or No Trespassing (Добро пожаловать, или Посторонним вход воспрещён, 1964) as Comrade Dynin
- Beware of the Car (Берегись автомобиля, 1966) as Acting coach
- The Little Golden Calf (Золотой телёнок, 1968) as Koreiko
- Zigzag of Success (Зигзаг удачи, 1968) as Ivan Kalachev
- The Flight (Бег, 1970) as Korzukhin
- All The King's Men (Вся королевская рать, 1971) as Larson
- Property of the Republic (Достояние республики, 1971) as Carl Genrikhovich Vitol
- Grandads-Robbers (Старики-разбойники, 1971) as Valentin Vorobyov
- Seventeen Moments of Spring (Семнадцать мгновений весны, 1973) as Professor Pleischner
- Unbelievable Adventures of Italians in Russia (Невероятные приключения итальянцев в России, 1974) as Lame man
- Wounded Game (Подранки, 1977) as watchman in a boarding school
- The Meeting Place Cannot Be Changed (Место встречи изменить нельзя, 1979) as Ruchechnik
- The Old New Year (Cтаpый Нoвый гoд, 1980) as Ivan Adamitch
- We Are from Jazz (Мы из джаза, 1983) as Papa
- Winter Evening in Gagra (Зимний вечер в Гагарах, 1985) as Aleksey Ivanovich Beglov
- Moonzund (Моонзунд, 1987) as Nikolai Essen
- New Adventures of a Yankee in King Arthur's Court (Новые приключения янки при дворе короля Артура, 1988) as Archbishop
- Heart of a Dog (Собачье сердце, 1988) as Professor Philip Philipovich Preobrazhensky
- Sons of Bitches (Сукины дети, 1990) as Andrey Ivanovich Nanaytsev