Yelba Osorio (born September 13, 1968) is an American film and television actress known for her roles in House of Buggin' (1995), The Pest (1997), and Shut Up and Kiss Me! (2004).
Early life and education
- Yelba Osorio was born on September 13, 1968, in New York City, New York.
- She graduated from Stuyvesant High School, the same year as Lucy Liu and Zorikh Lequidre.
- Later, she attended Columbia University in New York.
- She also studied at A.R.T./MXAT Institute for Advanced Theater Training at Harvard University.
- Osorio made her acting debut in 1993 in an episode of the TV series Sesame Street. The same year, she was seen as the girlfriend of Benny Blanco (played by John Leguizamo) in Brian De Palma's thriller Carlito's Way, starring Al Pacino and Sean Penn.
- She then landed a recurring role in the TV series House of Buggin' (1995). She was seen in 10 episodes.
- Also in 1995, she was cast as Rosa in "Rebels" episode of Law & Order.
- Osorio's other major television credits include: First Time Out (1995), Walker, Texas Ranger (1996), Tracey Takes On... (1997), Diagnosis Murder (1997), On Common Ground(1999), Hollywood 7 (2001), and ER (2002).
- Her film credits include: Geoffrey Sharp's Slings & Arrows (1996), David DiCerto and Michael DiCerto's No Exit (1996), Paul Miller's The Pest (1997), Alfredo Ramos' Road Dogz (2002), James Gavin Bedford's King Rikki (2002), and Gary Brockette's Shut Up and Kiss Me! (2004).
- Osorio was last seen on the screen in 2014 in Alex Munoz's short Griot's Lament (2014).
Osorio was married to American actor/comedian John Leguizamo from August 27, 1994, until the divorce in 1996.
|Article Title:||Yelba Osorio: American actress - Biography and Life|
|Author(s):||PeoplePill.com Editorial Staff|
|Publish Date:||19 Nov 2016|
|Date Accessed:||30 Nov 2020|