Yael Abecassis (Hebrew: יעל אבקסיס; born 19 July 1967) is an Israeli actress and model. She married Israeli actor Lior Miller in 1996 and has one child. They divorced in 2003. Abecassis is the daughter of Raymonde Abecassis, a Moroccan-born Israeli singer and actress.
Yael Abecassis began modeling at the age of 14. She later branched into television and film, appearing in commercials and starring as Rivka in Kadosh, a 1999 retelling of The Dybbuk directed by Amos Gitai. In the 1990s, she starred as a host on Israeli television programs for children, and produced music videos for babies and young children. Towards the end of the 1990s, she left television to pursue a career as a dramatic actress. She starred in several Amos Gitai movies and has won favorable reviews, especially in France.
She is married to Israeli entrepreneur and philanthropist Ronny Douek.
In 2012, Abecassis opened a film production company, Cassis Films.The company's first film, “Aya,” was one of five international shorts nominated for the 2015 Oscars.
- Rabin, the Last Day (2015)
- A Borrowed Identity (2014)
- Atlit (2014)
- Hunting Elephants (2013), Dorit
- Prisoners of War (2010), Talia Klein
- Shiva (2008), Lili
- Survivre avec les loups (2007)
- Sans moi (2007), Marie
- Papa (2005/II), Léa
- Va, vis et deviens (2005), Yaël Harrari
- Until Tomorrow Comes (2004), Daughter
- Alila (2003), Gabi
- Ballo a tre passi (2003)
- Life Is Life (2003)
- Miss Entebbe (2003), Elise
- Bella ciao (2001), Nella
- Maria, figlia del suo figlio (2000), Mary of Nazareth
- Kadosh (1999), Rivka
- Shabatot VeHagim (1999), Ella
- Passeur d'enfants (1997), Yael
- L'enfant de la terre promise (1997), Yael
- L'enfant d'Israel (1997)
- Hakita Hameofefet (1995)
- Ha-Yerusha (1993)
- Zarim Balayla (1993)
- Sipurei Tel-Aviv (1992), Sharona
- Pour Sacha (1991), Judith
Filmography as self
|Miss Israel host