Wolfgang Behrendt (born 14 June 1936) was a bantamweight amateur boxer from East Germany, won the gold medal at the 1956 Summer Olympics for the Unified Team of Germany. He subsequently became the first Olympic champion for East Germany. He was born in Berlin.
He won the gold medal at the 1956 Summer Olympics and became the first Olympic champion for East Germany.
Record: 188 Wins - 8 Losses - 5 Draws
- 1955 East German Bantamweight Champion, 3rd place (Flyweight) at European Championships in Berlin.
- 1956 Gold Medalist (Bantamweight) in a unified German team at the 1956 Olympics in Melbourne. Results were:
- Defeated Henrik Ottesen (Denmark) KO-2
- Defeated Owen Reilly (Great Britain) PTS
- Defeated Freddie Gilroy (Ireland) PTS
- Defeated Song Soon-Chun (South Korea) PTS
- 1957 East German Bantamweight Champion
- 1960 East German Featherweight Champion