|Was||Actor Television actor|
|From||United States of America|
|Type||Film, TV, Stage & Radio|
|Birth||30 August 1939, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Death||28 February 2019 (aged 79 years)|
William G. Schilling (1939–2019) was an American film and television actor best known for his role as "Dr. Harold Samuels" in Head of the Class TV series between 1986 and 1991.
William G. Schilling was born as William Gabriel Schilling on August 30, 1939, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Shilling made his film debut in 1980 playing a minor role of "Baxter" in director Michael Ritchie's film The Island, starring Michael Caine and David Warner. The same year saw his television debut in John Llewellyn Moxey's romance-comedy The Mating Season, starring Lucie Arnaz and Laurence Luckinbill.
In 1986, Schilling landed the role for which he is most fondly remembered: "Dr. Harold Samuels" in the TV comedy series Head of the Class. Over the following five years, he was seen in 114 episodes, appearing alongside Jeannetta Arnette, Dan Frischman, and Robin Givens.
Schilling's other television credits include: Archie Bunker's Place (1982), Private Benjamin (1982), MAS*H (1982), Hill Street Blues (1982-83), Remington Steele(1985), Homefront (1992-93), Brooklyn South (1997), Still Standing (2002).
His film work includes: I, the Jury (1982), The King of Comedy (1982), The Best of Times (1986), Fire with Fire (1986), In the Line of Fire (1993), Space Jam (1996), Stealth Fighter (1999), and Glory Road (2006).
Schilling's last appearance on TV was in the episode "What is New Orleans?" (2011) of the series Treme. And his last film was James Gartner's Glory Road — a biographical drama based on the life of basketball legend Don Haskins (portrayed by Josh Lucas.)
In addition to acting, Schilling also ran a production company with former Head of the Class co-star Brian Robbins, who portrayed the character of "Eric Mardian."
Schilling died on February 28, 2019, in Riverside, California.
- The Island (1980) - Baxter
- Rich and Famous (1981) - Doorman / Waldorf-Astoria
- I, the Jury (1982) - Lundee
- The King of Comedy (1982) - Man on Street (uncredited)
- Testament (1983) - Pharmacist
- The Best of Times (1986) - Caribou #1
- Fire with Fire (1986) - Watley
- Ruthless People (1986) - Police Commissioner
- White of the Eye (1987) - Harold Gideon
- A Woman's Secret (1992) - Henry
- In the Line of Fire (1993) - Sanford Riggs
- Imaginary Crimes (1994) - Captain Lee
- The Crazysitter (1994) - Dr. Wiles
- Three Wishes (1995) - Doctor
- Space Jam (1996) - Golfer
- The Prince (1996) - Ed Bishop
- Stealth Fighter (1999) - Harry Goldberg
- Thank Heaven (2001) - Rex Brady
- Glory Road (2006) - Iowa Announcer
|Article Title:||William G. Schilling: American actor - Biography and Life|
|Author(s):||PeoplePill.com Editorial Staff|
|Publish Date:||04 Jan 2017|
|Date Accessed:||24 Oct 2020|