Sir Willam Allan Jamieson PRCPE LLD (1839–1916) was a Scottish physician and academic author. He served as President of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 1908 to 1910 being succeeded by Sir Byrom Bramwell.
He was born in Dreghorn in Ayrshire on 1 April 1839, the son of John Campbell Jamieson and Mary Young.
He graduated in medicine at the University of Edinburgh in 1863. For nine years he engaged in general practice at Berwick-on-Tweed, then returned to Edinburgh and commenced practice in Rutland Street.
As a physician at the Royal Public Dispensary, he developed his interest in skin diseases and had the satisfaction of being appointed Extraordinary Physician in Diseases of the Skin to the Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, in 1884 (nearly twenty years after graduation). The University of Edinburgh recognised the importance of dermatology as a speciality by appointing him Lecturer in 1899. Although attendance was optional his Saturday morning clinics attracted a large following of students.
In 1907 he was created a Knight of Grace of the Grand Piory of the Order of the Hospital of St John. In 1908 he was created Surgeon to the Royal Company of Archers by the King.
He lived at 35 Charlotte Square in Edinburgh (one of Edinburgh's most prestigious addresses) and died there on 21 April 1916.
He is buried in the northern Victorian extension to Dean Cemetery.
- Diseases of the Skin (1901)
- The Care of Skin in Health (1912)
He was painted in the uniform of the Royal Company of Archers by Thomas Martine Ronaldson (1881–1942). The portrait hangs in the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh. Ronaldson was a neighbour's son, living at 8 Charlotte Square.