peoplepill id: werner-schulze-2
German General and Knight's Cross recipient
|Intro||German General and Knight's Cross recipient|
|Was||Military officer Soldier Officer|
|Birth||15 January 1895, Calbe|
|Death||3 November 1966, Stuttgart (aged 71 years)|
The details (from wikipedia)
Werner Schulze (15 January 1895 – 3 November 1966) was a German general in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded several divisions. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves of Nazi Germany.
Awards and decorations
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (27 July 1941) & 1st Class (4 August 1941)
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (28 November 1941)
- German Cross in Gold on 2 October 1943 as Oberst of the Reserves in Grenadier-Regiment 551
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 1 March 1942 as Major of the Reserves and commander of II./Infanterie-Regiment 510
- 557th Oak Leaves on 23 August 1944 as Oberst of the Reserves and commander of Grenadier-Regiment 551
- Mentioned in the Wehrmachtbericht on 21 September 1944
- ^ Thomas 1998, p. 305.
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 431.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 320.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 73.
comments so far.