Ulrich Peltzer (born December 9, 1956 in Krefeld) is a German novelist.
Starting in 1975, Ulrich Peltzer studied philosophy and social psychology in Berlin. He graduated as a psychologist in 1982. Since then he has been working as a full-time author.
He has written five novels. Four of them deal with his experiences in Berlin, but one takes place in New York (Bryant Park). Peltzer usually rejects conventional, realistic descriptions of reality. Instead, his characters are depicted through a stream-of-consciousness technique.
Ulrich Peltzer lives in Berlin.
Ulrich Peltzer has received several awards:
- 2015 Franz-Hessel-Preis
- 2009/2010 Stadtschreiber von Bergen
- 2008 Berliner Literaturpreis for lifetime achievement
- 2003 Bremer Literaturpreis
- 2001 Niederrheinischer Literaturpreis of the city of Krefeld
- 2000 Preis der SWR-Bestenliste
- 1997 Anna-Seghers-Preis
- 1996 Berliner Literaturpreis of the Stiftung Preußische Seehandlung
- 1992 Bertelsmann-award at the Ingeborg Bachmann Prize in Klagenfurt
- Teil der Lösung, Zürich: Ammann-Verlag (2007). Published in English as Part of the Solution. Calcutta, London, New York: Seagull Books (2011).
- Bryant Park, Zürich 2002
- Alle oder keiner (All or No One), Zürich 1999
- Stefan Martinez, Zürich 1995
- Die Sünden der Faulheit (The Sins of Laziness), Zürich 1987
- Ich setze mich einfach hin und fange an (I simply sit down and start) – Interview, in: BELLA triste Nr. 10, 2004.