Miss Universe Vietnam (Vietnamese: Hoa hậu Hoàn vũ Việt Nam) is a two-year frequent national beauty pageant in Vietnam to select the country's representative to the Miss Universe, one of the Big Four major international beauty pageants.
Since 2017, the editions have been being organized frequently at the very end of odd years as opposed to the organization of Miss Vietnam on even years due to the Ministry of Culture's direction. The winner of the pageant will be crowned as the next year's Miss Universe Vietnam while one of the two runners-up could be appointed as the following year's one if the pageant is not allowed to be held in time. Therefore, there have been two types of Miss Universe Vietnam, crowned Miss Universe Vietnam will represent Vietnam at Miss Universe on even years while appointed/granted Miss Universe Vietnam will represent the country on odd years.
The current Miss Universe Vietnam titleholder is Nguyễn Trần Khánh Vân from Hồ Chí Minh City, who was crowned on December 7, 2019 in Nha Trang. She will represent Vietnam in Miss Universe 2020.
- The 2008 Miss Universe Vietnam was held at the Vinpearl Land resort in Nha Trang on May 31, 2008. It was the first official Miss Universe Vietnam contest. Miss Vietnam Universe took place at Diamond Bay, Nha Trang, with 20 contestants participating. The final included four competitions: evening gown, swimsuit, áo dài, and interview. This was the first edition of Miss Universe Vietnam. The winner, Nguyễn Thùy Lâm, was host delegate for the Miss Universe 2008 pageant held July 14, 2008, also in Nha Trang. She made the Top 15.
- After a 7-year hiatus, the competition of Miss Universe Vietnam 2015 was held on October 3, 2015 at Crown Convention Center in Nha Trang City, Vietnam. Phạm Thị Hương was the winner and officially a second titleholder of Miss Universe Vietnam pageant.
- The selection of Miss Universe Vietnam 2017 is accompanied by a reality television series called I Am Miss Universe Vietnam, in which contestants are put through different challenges and training programs in each weekly episode. Initially, the contest finale was scheduled to be held in August 2017. However, it was subsequently pushed back to December 2, 2017. The finale was once again pushed back to January 6, 2018 amidst ongoing recovery efforts in Nha Trang - the host city - after Typhoon Damrey hit the region in early November. 70 contestants were selected for the 2017 pageant and 63 of them took part in the preliminary competition. Top 45 finalists were then chosen for the final round. Miss Universe Vietnam 2015 - Phạm Thị Hương crowned her successor - H'Hen Niê at the end of the event. Being an Ede, H'Hen was the first Miss Universe Vietnam to be of a minor ethnicity.
- : Miss Universe Vietnam
- : Miss World Vietnam
- : Miss International Vietnam
|Year||Winner||1st Runner-up||2nd Runner-up||Venue||Number of contestants|
|2008||Nguyễn Thùy Lâm
||Võ Hoàng Yến
||Dương Trương Thiên Lý
||Vinpearl Event Hall, Nha Trang, Khánh Hòa||20|
|2015||Phạm Thị Hương
||Ngô Trà My
||Đặng Thị Lệ Hằng
||Crown Convention Center, Nha Trang, Khánh Hòa||45|
||Hoàng Thị Thuỳ
||Mâu Thị Thanh Thuỷ
|2019||Nguyễn Trần Khánh Vân
||Nguyễn Huỳnh Kim Duyên
||Phạm Hồng Thúy Vân
|Hồ Chí Minh City||2019|
List of Miss Universe Vietnam at Miss Universe
- : Declared as Winner
- : Ended as runner-up or top 5/6 qualification
- : Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
- : Ended as special awards winner
- The winner of Miss Universe Vietnam represents her country at the Miss Universe. On occasions when the official contest was not held, a winner or a runner-up of other national beauty contests would be appointed as Miss Universe Vietnam to compete at Miss Universe by the license holder (currently, Unicorp - Hoàn Vũ Sài Gòn). Vietnam did not compete in 2006, 2007, 2010 and 2014.
|Year||Province/City||Miss Universe Vietnam||Placement at Miss Universe Vietnam||Placement at Miss Universe||Special Awards|
|2021||Cần Thơ||Nguyễn Huỳnh Kim Duyên||1st Runner-up
|2020||Ho Chi Minh City||Nguyễn Trần Khánh Vân||Winner
|2019||Thanh Hóa||Hoàng Thị Thùy||1st Runner-up
|2018||Đắk Lắk||H'Hen Niê||Winner
|2017||Thái Bình||Nguyễn Thị Loan||Top 5
|2016||Đà Nẵng||Đặng Thị Lệ Hằng||2nd Runner-up
|Unplaced||Best National Costume (Top 12)|
|2015||Hải Phòng||Phạm Thị Hương||Winner
|2013||Hồ Chí Minh City||Trương Thị Mây||—||Unplaced|
|2012||Hồ Chí Minh City||Lưu Thị Diễm Hương||—||Unplaced|
|2011||Đồng Nai||Vũ Thị Hoàng My||—||Unplaced|
|2009||Hồ Chí Minh City||Võ Hoàng Yến||1st Runner-up
|2008||Thái Bình||Nguyễn Thùy Lâm||Winner
|Top 15||Miss Ao Dai (Top 5), Best National Costume (Top 10)|
|2005||Hà Nội||Phạm Thu Hằng||—||Unplaced|
|2004||Hải Dương||Hoàng Khánh Ngọc||—||Unplaced|