|Birth||November 3, 1952 (Limerick)|
Tony Clarkin (born 3 November 1952) Limerick City, is a Stage, Television, Film, Radio and Voice Actor. He is the father of Actress/Writer and Film Producer Dina Clarkin and father-in-law of Actor Todd Carty. Clarkin has two grandchildren, James Carty and Thomas Carty.
Clarkin acted with the Limerick City College Players. Tony Clarkin is the voice over for Puffs Tissues commercials for American and Canadian television. Clarkin has also voiced John West Foods, Guinness, Dolland and Aithison, Britvic AME, William and Mary television series, Murphys Beer, The Sunday Times series, Lifescan Europe, and Jeys New Bloo Fusions and many others on radio, television and cinema. Clarkin was a member of the Abbey Theatre school of acting. He performed in a production of William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet at the Gate Theatre Dublin, directed and produced by Hilton Edwards and Micheál MacLiammóir.
Stage work includes Hamlet and Macbeth, Polonius in Hamlet, Salerio in The Merchant of Venice, Marcellus in Hamlet, Thomas Becket in Murder in the Cathedral, Eilif in Mother Courage and Her Children, Roat in Wait Until Dark, Estragon in Waiting for Godot, Prince Escalus in Romeo and Juliet, King Henry II in Becket, Ebenezer Scrooge in the musical Scrooge!, King Henry VIII in A Man for All Seasons, and Bill Sikes in Oliver!.
Clarkin played William Burke in a Dylan Thomas adaptation of the story of Burke and Hare, The Doctor and The Devils, directed by Roger Redfarn at the Theatre Royal Plymouth. Clarkin also played Professor Hurst of the University of Padua opposite Keith Michell in the title role, in The Artisans Angel, the story of Bernardino Ramazzini, directed by Keith Michell.
His television work includes The Bill, Love Hurts, Moonfleet, Shoot to Kill (as Sgt Montgomary), Brookside, London's Burning, and McCallum, amongst others. He acted as teacher I, Mr. Mortimer alongside his son-in-law Todd Carty in the BBC series Grange Hill. And Radio work includes Pendennis by William Makepeace Thackeray for the BBC directed by writer and radio drama director Peter Kavanagh. Tony Clarkin was the voice over narrator for the Gilbert Collection at Somerset House. Clarkin voiced the story of Golf, Past Masters Golf Champions. And has also voiced cartoons including The Cyclops and "Global Bears" for Poseidon Films and the BBC TV documentary series Blood of the Vikings. Narration work also includes the story of the London Symphony Orchestra and their move from the Barbican to the renovated church St Lukes for BBC Four television.
Tony Clarkin was a guest on This Is Your Life featuring his son-in-law actor Todd Carty. Clarkin played a British Sergeant in the film Michael Collins for film director Neil Jordan. He played the Judge in First for Disruptive Element Films, winner of the Audi Channel Reel Talent Award 2007. Clarkin was the voice of the Victorian Explorer Richard Burton in To the Ends of the Earth for BBC TV. Tony Clarkin played the part of the Governor in the film The Perfect Burger, directed by Todd Carty. Tony Clarkin is the voice over for Audio Description for the Blind at Sky TV for a wide variety of television programmes and films.
- Grange Hill, BBC, (Teacher 1)
- The Bill, ITV (Ist Neighbour) ("Communications")
- Iris In The Traffic, Ruby In The Rain, (BBC) BBC Play For Today (Beefy Youth)
- The Bill, ITV (Creasy) ("Fast Food"),
- Brookside, Channel 4 (Police Sergeant)
- The Bill, ITV (Tim Cullen) ("Wild Rover"),
- London's Burning, ITV (Oliver X -Raf Man)
- Love Hurts, BBC (Toyne),
- McCallum, ITV (Lab Technician),
- Moonfleet, BBC (Revenue Man)
- The Fear, Euston Films (The Driver),
- Shoot to Kill, Zenith Productions (Sgt Montgomary)
- The Artisans Angel (Professor Hurst),
- The Doctor and The Devils (Burke),
- Wait Until Dark (Roat).
- Waiting For Godot (Estragon),
- Oliver! (Bill Sikes),
- Stephen D (Mc Cann)
- The Shaughraun (Robert Folliett),
- The Merchant of Venice (Salerio),
- Scrooge (Scrooge)
- Hamlet (Hamlet),
- A Christmas Carol (Spirit Of Christmas To Come),
- A Man for All Seasons (King Henry VIII).
- Becket (Henry II)
- Mother Courage and Her Children (Eilif),
- Murder in the Cathedral (Thomas Becket)
- Romeo and Juliet (Prince Escalus),
- Macbeth (Macbeth),
- Bloomsday (Mulligan)
- The Fighting Prince (Red Hugh).
- Michael Collins Warner Bros. (Sergeant on station) (1996)
- First "Disruptive Element Films" (The Judge) (2007)
- The Perfect Burger (The Governor) (2009)
- Puffs Tissues for Procter & Gamble (Voice Over)
- John West Foods (Voice Over)
- Murphy's Beer (Voice Over)
- Dollond & Aitchison (Voice Over)
- Guinness (Voice Over)
- Britvic AME (Voice Over)
- Pilkington K (Voice Over)
- Richmond Sausages (Voice Over)
- Citroen (Voice Over)
- Hampton Court (Voice Over)
- London Symphony Orchestra and the move to St. Luke's. BBC 4 Documentary (Voice Over)
- Ennio Morricone (Voice Over)
- William and Mary (Voice Over)
- Golf Past Masters Champions Documentary (Voice Over)
- Heineken (Galley Slave)
- Bowyers Sausages (Happy Farmer)
- New Bloo Fusions Jeyes Toilet Cleaner (Voice Over)
- Lifescan Europe (Corporate video) Documentary (Voice Over)
- The Sunday Times (Rainey Kelly) (Voice Over)
- Mongolians Documentary Independent TV (Voice Over)
- Cyclops Cartoon Film (Voice Over)
- Gilbert Collection Somerset House (Voice Over)