Tom Arnold (Thomas Duane Arnold ) is an actor and comedian from America. Some of his well-known films are: Animal Factory, Nine Months, The Stupids, McHale's Navy, Mr. 3000, The Great Buck Howard, and Happy Endings.
Early life and education
Arnold was born on March 6, 1959 in Ottumwa, Iowa to Linda Graham and Jack Arnold. He has six siblings (Lori, Scott, Johnny, Chris, Marla and Mark). He is of English, Irish, Scots-Irish, German, and Scottish ancestory.
Arnold did his schooling from Ottumwa High School, and then he went to Indian Hills Community College to earn Associate's degree. Later, from 1981 to 1983, he studied business administration and writing from the University of Iowa.
Arnold started doing stand-up comedy at the University of Iowa when he was 23. After a bit of struggle, he met with success in 1988, when he won the first place in the Minneapolis Comedy Competition.
He then moved to Los Angeles to further his comedy career. In Los Angeles, he was hired as a writer by Roseanne Barr for her TV sitcom Rosseane. He eventually married Barr in 1990, after she divorced her first husband.
- In 1992, Arnold and Roseanne co-produced and wrote the sitcom "The Jackie Thomas Show," which lasted for only 18 episodes - from December 1992 to March 1993. Tom Arnold portrayed a misanthropic sitcom actor in the show.
- In 1993, Arnold and Barr opened a restaurant, "Roseanne and Tom's Big Food Diner," in Iowa. Interestingly, the diner served sandwiches similar to the fictional "Lanford Lunch Box" on Roseanne show.
- In 1994, Arnold appeared with [Arnold Schwarzenegger] in the film "True Lies."
Before marrying Roseanne Barr, Arnold, who was raised a Methodist, converted to Judaism. He still practices Judaism. As a couple, Arnold and Roseanne Barr attracted a lot of media attention due to their occasional outrageous behavior. With time, things between the two got sour and the couple divorced in 1994. They shut down their restaurant in 1995.
Arnold married twice again - Shelby Roos, and Julie Armstrong - but both of his subsequent marriages also ended in a divorce.
In late 2009, Arnold married his fourth wife, Ashley Groussman, with whom he has two children.
In late December, 2016, Tom Arnold came under the spotlight when he claimed to have tapes of "racist" outtakes of Donald Trump from the TV show The Apprentice.
- Roseanne (1989–1993)
- The Jackie Thomas Show (1992–1993)
- The Woman Who Loved Elvis (1993 - TV film)
- The Tom Show (1997–1998)
- The Simpsons (1999) (as a voice-over actor)
- The Best Damn Sports Show Period (TV show on Fox Sports Net; 2001 - 2006)
- My Big Redneck Wedding (2008–2009)
- Sons of Anarchy (2009, 2011)
- Trailer Park Boys, season 10, (2016)
- Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991)
- Coneheads (1993)
- Undercover Blues (1993)
- True Lies (1994)
- Nine Months (1995)
- Big Bully (1996)
- Carpool (1996)
- Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997)
- Hacks (1997)
- National Lampoon's Golf Punks (1998)
- Animal Factory (2000)
- Just Sue Me (2000)
- National Lampoon's Barely Legal (2003)
- Mr. 3000 (2004; cameo)
- Happy Endings (2005)
- The Kid & I (2005)
- Pride (2007)
- This Is Not a Test (2008)
- Gardens of the Night (2008)
- American Summer (2009)