Timothy "Tim" Frederick Ayers (born November 19, 1958) served as Mayor and City Commissioner of Springfield, Ohio from 1984-1990. He previously served as the Legislative Message Clerk of the Ohio House of Representatives for the 113th General Assembly and Small Business Manager for the Nashville (TN) Chamber of Commerce.
Timothy Ayers was born in Springfield, Ohio, the sixth child of Franklin Ayers and Betty Rae Basey. He has 3 children.
His brother, Randy Ayers, is on the coaching staff for the New Orleans Pelicans professional basketball team.
- 1980-1984, Assistant Clerk in the Ohio House of Representatives
- 1984-1990, Mayor, Springfield, Ohio
- 1990, Special Assistant, Ohio Department of Agriculture, administration of Governor Richard Celeste
- 2000, Tennessee State Democrative Executive Committeemen
- Assisted $2.5 million in loans to small businesses as the Small Business Manager of the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Authored a $750,000 HUD grant to kick-start economic development activities in the historic neighborhood of Fisk University, Meharry Medical College and Tennessee State University in 2001. Since that grant, an additional $2.5 million of investment has poured into the area.
- Selected one of Kentucky's Minority Educator and Retention Award winners