Sten Sture Andersson (20 April 1923, Stockholm, Sweden – 16 September 2006, Stockholm, Sweden) was a Swedish social democratic politician, who served as Minister for Foreign Affairs 1985–1991 and as President of the Nordic Council in 1994.
He worked closely with Olof Palme, and became known internationally for his support of Palestinian independence. In November 2010 he was posthumously awarded the Star of Jerusalem, the highest Palestinian order, by Mahmoud Abbas.
Andersson died suddenly from a heart attack on 16 September 2006 in Stockholm.
- Minister for Foreign Affairs (1985-1991)
- Minister for Social Affairs (1982-1985)
- Member of the Riksdag (1966-1994)
- Member of the executive committee of the Social Democrat Party (1962-1993)
- Secretary of the Social Democrat Party (1962-1982)
|Preceded by |
|Swedish Minister for Foreign Affairs |
|Succeeded by |
Margaretha af Ugglas