peoplepill id: stanislaw-thugutt
|A.K.A.||Stanisław August Thugutt|
|Birth||30 July 1873, Łęczyca, Poland|
|Death||15 June 1961, Stockholm, Sweden (aged 87 years)|
|Politics||Polish People's Party "Wyzwolenie"|
The details (from wikipedia)
Stanisław August Thugutt (30 July 1873, Łęczyca - 15 June 1941, Stockholm) was a Polish activist and politician during the interwar period of the (Second Polish Republic).
During World War I, he was a soldier in the Polish Legions. He was the founder and leader of several peasant parties (particularly the Polish People's Party "Wyzwolenie"). Later he was the Minister of Internal Affairs (1918–1919), and vice-Prime Minister (1924–1925). After the Invasion of Poland, Thugutt escaped to Sweden, where he died in exile.
- Krótki Przewodnik po Warszawie i okolicach (1914)
- Listy do młodego przyjaciela (1939, 2002)
- Wykłady o spółdzielczości (1945)
- Autobiografia (1984)
- Wyznania demokraty: publicystyka z lat 1917-1939 (ed. Jan Sałkowski) (1986)
- Stanisław Thugutt o demokracji i ustroju Polski (ed. Władysław Wic) (1998)
comments so far.