Sophie Delmas is a French actress and singer, born in Toulouse.
She was born in a bohemian family. Her grandparents are opera singers, and, as the most natural thing in the world, she starts her training at the Studio des Variétés.
Very young, her voice marks her out from the others, and she sings, among others, with Marcel Mouloudji. She then tours during two years with the trio 3 fois Danger, and even sings with the gospel chorus of Mariah Carey in Bercy in 1996.
In 1997, Sophie releases a single Je le veux, written by François Valéry, the French singer.
Then she takes up a career in musicals, first with Un Conte de Noël, in 2000 at the Théâtre de la Porte Saint-Martin, then she plays Aurore in L’Ombre d’un géant at Théâtre Mogador in 2002.
In 2003, she plays the part of Belle Watling in Autant en emporte le vent by Gérard Presgurvic and Kamel Ouali at the Palais des Sports de Paris.
After this experience, she decides to create Showllywood, a show in which she reinterprets the standards of Hollywood musical movies. An outstanding encounter with Pierre Cardin marks a turning point in her artistic career. Charmed by her voice and performance, he opens for her the doors of the Municipal Theatre of Ho Chi Minh City, where she gives a televised recital on French songs : Bonjour Paris ! Many tours for the French embassies in the Middle East, the Near East and Iceland, confirmed the success of this show, which is a tribute to French culture.
Thanks to her encounter with Richard Cross, she gets into the French Centre de Formation Vocale as a vocal coach and she is also in charge of stage interpretation.
In 2009, Sophie plays the part of both witches in the musical, Dothy et le Magicien d’Oz by Dove Attia and Albert Cohen at the Grand Rex. The press and public are unanimous in her vocal performance and the quality of her interpretation as an actress.
She is mother Gothel’s voice in Tangled, the Disney movie, for the songs (which is otherwise dubbed by Isabelle Adjani).
At the end of 2010, she is Donna Sheridan, the leading part of the French version of Mamma Mia! one of the biggest musical hits in 2011. The show is on tour in France in 2012 and 2013 (Over 1.1 million of viewers in France and 650 shows.) ·
In 2013, she sings with the artists group Les grandes voix des comédies musicales chantent pour les enfants hospitalisés with Renaud Hantson, Mikelangelo Loconte and Lââm for the single Un faux départ. ·
Sophie participates in the 2014 edition of The Voice in Florent Pagny's team.
- 2000 : Un conte de Noël by William Korso, Pierre-Alain Perez - Théâtre de la Porte-Saint-Martin
- 2002 : L'Ombre d'un géant by François Valéry - Théâtre Mogador
- 2003 : Autant en emporte le vent by Gérard Presgurvic and Kamel Ouali - Palais des Sports de Paris
- 2007 : Rimbaud musical by Richard Charest and Arnaud Kerane - Vingtième Théâtre, Théâtre Comédia
- 2009 : Dothy et le Magicien d'Oz by Dove Attia and Albert Cohen - Grand Rex
- 2010-2013 : Mamma Mia! by Catherine Johnson - Théâtre Mogador, tour
- 2013-2014 : Pinocchio, le spectacle musical by Marie-Jo Zarb and Moria Némo - Théâtre de Paris, tour
- 2014-2015 : The Wizard of Oz by Andrew Lloyd Webber, dir Jeremy Sams - Palais des Congrès de Paris, tour
- 1997 : Je le veux
- 2001 : Pour aimer plus fort : Hanna H, Rose Laurens and Sophie Delmas, from L'Ombre d'un géant
- 2002 : Rêver d'être une star, from L'Ombre d'un géant
- 2011 : Le chemin, for the NGO Winds Peace Japan
- 2013 : Un faux départ with the collective Les grandes voix des comédies musicales
- 2001 : L'Ombre d'un géant
- 2003 : Autant en emporte le vent
- 2009 : Dothy et le Magicien d'Oz
- 2010 : Tangled
- 2013 : Pinocchio, le spectacle musical
- 2004 : Autant en emporte le vent
- 2009 : Dothy et le Magicien d'Oz
- 2010 : Tangled (French dubbing)