Niramon Ounprom (Thai: นิรมล อุ่นพรม; Niramon Unphrom; born 26 or 28 January 1985) is a former Thai nurse, army officer, and member of the Thai royal court. She was named concubine of Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn of Thailand, who granted her several military ranks and positions, including the noble name of Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi (Thai: สินีนาฏ วงศ์วชิราภักดิ์; Sininat Wongwachiraphak). After Prince Vajiralalongkorn ascended the throne as King Rama X, he appointed her as his Royal Noble Consort, giving her the noble title of Chao Khun Phra Sineenat Bilaskalayani (Thai: เจ้าคุณพระสินีนาฏ พิลาสกัลยาณี; Sininat Philatkanlayani) in July 2019. She was the first woman to be a concubine of the King of Thailand in almost a century, because the previous kings were monogamous. However, in October 2019, King Rama X issued a royal edict stripping her of all her government, military, and noble ranks, positions, and titles, as well as royal decorations, citing her conflict with and disrespectful conduct towards his wife, Queen Suthida.
Early life and education
Sineenat was born on 26 or 28 January 1985, to the Ounprom family, Wirat (father) and Pranee (mother). Her place of birth is described as being in the Tha Wang Pha District of Nan Province, Thailand. Her primary and secondary schools were also in the same district, at Rajapiyorasa Yupparachanusorn School, and at Tha Wang Pha Pittayakhom (Witthayakhom) School. She went on to earn a bachelor's degree in nursing at the Royal Thai Army Nursing College in Bangkok in 2008 as a member of Class 41; Ounprom presented a published conference paper on smoking cessation efforts among enlisted soldiers while affiliated with her college.
According to Sineenat's official court biography and other sources, from 2008–2012, Sineenat—then known by her earlier name, Niramon Ounprom—worked as a nurse at Phra Mongkutklao Hospital, and at an army hospital, the Ananda Mahidol Hospital.
Ounprom is described in her official biography as having risen to the rank of colonel by 2015, and as having "enrolled in the Ratchawallop Police Retainers, the Royal King’s Guards 904". Prior to this, Ounprom completed military training in parachuting, royal bodyguarding, and the Thai army's "Combat Qualifying Course in Jungle Warfare". She holds a private pilot's license following training in Germany and flight school in 2018 with the Thai Air Force. As of May 2019 she held the rank of major general.
On 30 August 2019, as Sineenat, she was appointed deputy adviser of a prison reform initiative, "Sharing Happiness And Doing Good With Heart With the Department of Corrections".
In August 2019, a biography with 60 photos of Chao Khun Phra Sineenat, posted on the website of the Bureau of the Royal Household, was so frequently accessed that it caused the website to crash.
Title and styles, honours, and military ranks
All of her titles, honours, and military ranks were stripped by King Vajiralongkorn on 21 October 2019.
Titles and styles
- 28 January 1985 – December 2014: Miss Niramon Ounprom (Thai: นิรมล อุ่นพรม)
- December 2014 – 28 July 2019: Col. Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi (Thai: สินีนาฏ วงศ์วชิราภักดิ์)
- 30 April 2019 – 24 May 2019: Than Phu Ying (Dame) Col. Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi (Thai: ท่านผู้หญิงสินีนาฏ วงศ์วชิราภักดิ์)
- 24 May 2019 – 28 July 2019: Than Phu Ying (Dame) Maj. Gen. Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi (Thai: ท่านผู้หญิงสินีนาฏ วงศ์วชิราภักดิ์)
- 28 July 2019 – 20 October 2019: Chao Khun Phra (Royal Noble Consort) Sineenat Bilaskalayani (Thai: เจ้าคุณพระสินีนาฏ พิลาสกัลยาณี)
- 21 October 2019 – present: Miss Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi (Thai: สินีนาฏ วงศ์วชิราภักดิ์)
- 1 October 2008 – 31 October 2010: Second Lieutenant
- 1 November 2010 – 31 August 2015: First Lieutenant
- 1 September 2015 – 30 December 2016: Major
- 31 December 2016 – 23 May 2019: Colonel
- 24 May 2019 – 20 October 2019: Major-General