Solomon ben Judah Aaron Kluger (1783–June 9, 1869) (Hebrew: שלמה בן יהודה אהרן קלוגר), born at Komarow, Congress Poland, was chief dayyan and preacher of Brody, Galicia. He was successively Rabbi at Rava-Ruska (Galicia), Kulikow (Galicia), and Józefów (Lublin), preacher at Brody, and Rabbi at Brezany (Galicia) and, again, at Brody (where he held the offices of Dayan and preacher for more than fifty years). He died at Brody on June 9, 1869.
He was a disciple of Rabbi Sholom Rokeach of Belz.
During his long life Rabbi Kluger wrote a great number of works—one hundred and sixty volumes. He wrote on all the branches of rabbinical literature as well as on Biblical and Talmudic exegesis, but only the following of his writings have been published (as of 1906):
- Sefer Ha-Chayim (Zolkiev, 1825), novellæ on Shulchan Aruch, Orach Chayim (some of his novellæ on the section "Even Ha-Ezer" were published later under the title "Chochmas Shlomo"; novellae on the other parts of the Shulchan Aruch have not been published)
- Mei Niddah (ib. 1834), halachic and haggadic novellæ on Gemara Niddah
- Eyn Dim'ah (part 1; ib. 1834), funeral sermon on the death of Rabbi Ephraim Zalman Margalios
- Evel Yachid (Warsaw, 1836), funeral oration on Rabbi Menachem Manis Mordechai Teomim
- Nidrei Zerizin (Zolkiev, 1839), novellæ on Gemara Nedarim
- Evel Mosheh (with Eyn Dim'ah, part 2; Warsaw, 1843), funeral orations on Rabbi Moshe Schreiber (Sofer) and Rabbi Yaakov Orenstein (author of the Yeshuos Yaakov) (available as a free download from HebrewBooks.org)
- Shenos Chayim (Lemberg, 1855; the first part contains responsa on Shulchan Aruch, Orach Chayim; the second, responsa and novellæ for scribes)
- Sefer Stam (ib. 1856), laws for scribes
- Modo'ah Le-Beis Yisrael (Breslau, 1859), responsa, chiefly of other Rabbis, concerning matzot made by machine
- Tuv Ta'am Ve-Da'as (Lemberg, 1860; the first part contains the laws of tereifah; the second, entitled Kin'as Soferim, contains laws for scribes and various laws of the Yoreh De'ah)
- Chiddushei Anshei Shem (Leipzig, 1860), novellæ on Shulchan Aruch, Even Ha-Ezer
- Ma'aseh Yedei Yozer (Lemberg, 1863), commentary on the Pesach Haggadah
- Sefer Avodas Avodah (Zolkiev, 1865), novellæ on Avodah Zarah
- Rabbi Kluger's takkanos concerning slaughtering are printed in Rabbi Ganzfried's Toras Zevach (Lemberg, 1848), and two of his responsa in Rabbi David Solomon Eybeschütz's Ne'os Deshe (ib. 1861).
- Ha-Maggid, xiii., No. 25;
- E. Kohn, Ḳin'at Soferim, pp. 108a-109b, Lemberg, 1892;
- Strelisker, in Ha-Maggid, xiii., No. 29;
- Samuel van Straalen, Cat. Hebr. Books Brit. Mus. p. 125;
- Joseph Zedner, Cat. Hebr. Books Brit. Mus. pp. 414–415;
- Judah Aaron Kluger, Toledot Shelomoh, Lemberg, 1898.
- Yosef Dov Soloveitchik (Beis Halevi)
- David Meir Frisch