Shanyn Leigh is an American actress and producer known for her roles in Go Go Tales (2007), Public Enemies (2009), 4:44 Last Day on Earth (2011), and Welcome to New York (2014). She has collaborated with filmmaker Abel Ferrara on several projects.
Leigh made her acting debut in 2005 with a minor role of Jerusalemite in Abel Ferrara's Mary, starring Juliette Binoche and Forest Whitaker. Her work relationship with Ferrara continued in the following years with Go Go Tales (2007), Chelsea on the Rocks (2008 documentary), Napoli, Napoli, Napoli (2009), Mulberry St. (2010), and 4:44 Last Day on Earth(2011). Her work on 4:44 Last Day on Earth was recognized widely, in particular by the French press.
In Ferrara's 2008 documentary Chelsea on the Rocks, Leigh portrayed acclaimed singer/songwriter Janis Joplin. The following year, she was seen in Michael Mann-directed award-winning biographical drama Public Enemies. Set during the Great Depression, the film chronicles the final years of the notorious bank robber John Dillinger (Johnny Depp) as he is pursued by FBI agent Melvin Purvis (Christian Bale), Dillinger's relationship with Billie Frechette (Marion Cotillard), as well as Purvis' pursuit of Dillinger's associates and fellow criminals Homer Van Meter (Stephen Dorff) and Baby Face Nelson (Stephen Graham).
- 2005 : Mary, directed by Abel Ferrara
- 2007 : Go Go Tales, directed by Abel Ferrara
- 2008 : Chelsea on the Rocks, directed by Abel Ferrara
- 2009 : Public Enemies, directed by Michael Mann
- 2009 : Napoli, Napoli, Napoli, directed by Abel Ferrara
- 2010 : Abel Ferrara à Lucca, Carnets filmés, directed by Gérard Courant
- 2011 : 4:44 Last Day on Earth, directed by Abel Ferrara
- 2014 : Welcome to New York directed by Abel Ferrara
|Article Title:||Shanyn Leigh: American actress - Biography and Life|
|Author(s):||PeoplePill.com Editorial Staff|
|Publish Date:||23 Dec 2016|
|Date Accessed:||27 Jan 2021|