sha. (born Andreas Rodler, January 11, 1972) is an Austrian artist and perception researcher. He became known through his multimedia art projects such as the House of Music in Vienna and through the artistic lounger object AlphaSphere.
Andreas Rodler was born in Hartberg. In 1990, he started studying Composition, Music theory and Electro acoustics at the University of Music and performing arts in Vienna and the Centre Pompidou in Paris. From 1995 to 1996 he spent several months at the sound lab IRCAM – Centre Pompidou Paris. His AlphaSphere was one of the Austrian contributions at International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF 2008) in New York.
Since the middle of the nineties, his artistic work focuses on human perception. In his works, he uses symphonic orchestra, experimental music theatre, sound installations and self-made sound objects. He develops video works, interactive exhibitions and media projects Cooperation with ORF, WDR, BR, ARTE, RADIO FRANCE, EBU.
Today he uses the pseudonym „sha.“ and works on multisensory projects, which aim for new synaesthetic fields of perception through a connection of all senses. Starting with the medium “sound“, connections to other sensations (such as colour, light, shape, haptics, warmth and scent) are established.
At the Institute for Perception Research sha. develops his projects in co-operation with a continually new composed, interdisciplinary team of experts. His projects are supported by AWS impulse, Vienna Business Agency, Departure (Creative Industries Vienna) and the Austrian chamber of commerce.
sha. regularly appears as a speaker and creative consultant at international symposia, congresses and events. His main topics are creativity and perception – here a few examples: "Art meets Science" (Waldzell Meeting 2008 / Monastery Melk), "Feel Creativity!" (Austrian Consultant’s Day 2008 / Hofburg Vienna), "What we are looking for is what we are" (Mondial Spa Congress 2008 / Paris), "The I-World-Relation in Public Space" (Public Paradise Symposium 2007 / Thun/Bern), "Creative Space on the borderline between Art & Science" (Scenography Congress 2005 / DASA Dortmund), "Multisensorial Experiences for interacite Exhibitions" (ECSITE annual conference 2004 / London). In 2005, he founded the sha. Holding GmbH based in Vienna, to merchandise his objects.
- "AlphaSphere" / holistic artwork consisting of AlphaLounger, AlphaRoom and AlphaProgrammes, international awards
- "RoomDiscs" / BTV Headquarters Innsbruck, New supervisory board hall, Austrian clients' prize 2006
- "Sonosphere" / House of Music, Vienna (AUT), 2.300m³ interactive Sound experience world, Austrian Museum Award 2002
- "Outer Space" / Hangar-7|Red Bull Hangar-7, Salzburg Airport (AUT), Intermedia experience room at the interface Art/Science
- "Blue Space" / Caracalla Thermal, Baden-Baden (GER), Futuristic Relax Landscape in the traditional spa atmosphere
- "SoundEllipse ID" / EU Culture Programme, Intercultural SoundEllipse, Austrian Award for Art in the Public Domain 2003
- " Voices of God " / ORF and André Heller, Marrakesch/Marokko, The television film “Voices of God” (ORF/ARTE) resulted from this millennium project.
- "SUMMER" / ZKM & Ars Electronica, The Interest as a musical Instrument, International Co-production of Ars Electronica Linz, Unesco Rostrum, ORF Ö1, Kunsthalle Vienna, NGBK Berlin, ZKM Karlsruhe, City of Vienna (cultural department), BKA Art section
- Austrian Museum Award (Federal Ministry for Education, Arts and Culture)
- Austrian Award for Art in the Public Domain (Künstlerhaus Vienna)
- European Spa Award, Monaco
- Indian Award for the most innovative product
- Award-winning innovation project at “Creative Industries” (WWFF)
- Award at international Design contest “Prater Neu” (City of Vienna)
- Theodor Körner Award for Science and Art
- Max-Brand Award for electronic music
- Carl Maria von Weber Award at Musical Festival Dresden
- Prize winner at the musikprotokoll /Styrian Autumn Graz
- Austrian Republic: Scholarship for Composition
- Awards for his interdisciplinary research, e.g. Erwin Schrödinger Research Fellowship (FWF)
- Catalogue "sounds good"
- CD "evolution machine"
- CD "voices of god" 
- CD "living room music"