Serkan Gür (born October 13, 1985) is a Turkish journalist and documentary filmmaker.
Serkan Gür graduated from Istanbul University Faculty of Communication. In 2005, he started journalism at 5N1K News program which broadcasts daily on CNN Türk. Some of exclusives he produced has made an overwhelming impression in Turkey. In 2008, he produced an exclusive about death of workers at the shipyard in Istanbul, Turkey. After this exclusive, an investigative commission was established on Grand National Assembly of Turkey. Gür has won Special Appreciation Award on Labor Film Festival.
In 2010, he produced various documentaries for IZ TV that one of the most important documentary channels in Turkey. He also produced two TV programme for TRT channel.
Between 2011 and 2015, he worked as documentary filmmaker on Al Jazeera Türk channel. He still produces some documentaries as a freelance filmmaker.
- Opponent Line- 2009- A documentary about relationship between politics and humor in Turkey.
- Waiting for Life- 2009- A documentary about importance and realities of organ donation.
- Love and the Penalty- 2012- A documentary about match fixing scandals in Turkey and relationship between getting involved in crime and being a supporter. Serkan Gür was co-produced this documentary.
- Side Effect- 2013- This documentary investigates murky activities of medical industry from doctors and Ministry of Health to NGOs and medical drug companies. And it will answer this question: Are we deceived while buying and using ineffective and harmful drugs?
- Long Live Shopping- 2013- This documentary aims to question our consumption habits. Shopping addicts, anti-consumption supporters, psychologists, sociologists and economists will talk about how and why have our consumption habits changed and where can this madness of consumption lead us on Long Live Shopping.
- The Bridge- Istanbul is one of the cities which has the most heavy traffic problem. An Istanbulite spends almost 3 years of his life in traffic. However, some people complain living in Istanbul traffic, but some of them are satisfied. For the salesmen who sells multifarious products from foods to cellphone chargers among the cars in heavy traffic. Traffic has become these people’s job. "The Bridge" tells the story of a group of salesman who organized to work in one of the heaviest traffic areas. This documentary was shown on various film festivals in “The Bread Grows on the Bridge” name.