Ami Sirajer Begum is an Indian Bengali television historical soap opera that premiered on 10 December 2018, and airs on Bengali General Entertainment Channel Star Jalsha , and is also available on the digital platform Hotstar. The show is produced under the banner of Dag Creative Media Later, handed over SVF group.
The show upholds the life of 17th century Bengali ruler Siraj ud-Daulah and his wife Lutfunnisa Begum aka Lutfa, and her quest how she stands by her husband Siraj against enemies and domestic malices amid political unrest. The series stars model turned actor Sean Banerjee (who is Supriya Devi's grandson to mention) and Pallabi Dey (of Colors Bangla's show "Resham Jhanpi" fame) in the lead roles of Siraj and Lutfa respectively.
The story is set against the backdrop of 18th century Bengal when Nabab Siraj-ud-daulah, notably the last independent ruler of the kingdom of Bengal sat on the throne succeeding his maternal grandfather Nabab Ali Bordi Khan and ruled amid various political political tension, aggression and anarchy on part of the English, betrayal on part of close relatives (like his elder maternal aunt Ghoseti Begum) and his chief military advisor Mir Jafar, and various other struggles on account of the crown of Bengal. In such a situation, the series Ami Sirajer Begum upholds, as per the narrative by Sree Parabat in his famous book "Ami Sirajer Begum", how Siraj falls in love with a maid Lutfa and how she becomes capable of becoming the Nabab's wife, Begum Lutfunnisa and how she stands by the Nabab as his main support against all odds under diverse circumstances.
- Sean Banerjee as Nawab Siraj-Ud-Daulah aka Siraj
- Pallabi Dey as Lutfunnisa Begum aka Lutfa
- Chandrayee Ghosh as Ghaseti Begum
- Badshah Moitra as Mir Jafar
- Sayak Chakraborty as Asrafi
- Sohan Mukhopadhyay as Alivardi Khan
- Rupa Bhattacharjee as Hamida
- Tulekha Basu as Sharf-un-Nisa Begum
- Mallika Majumdar as Amina Begum
- Rajesh Chatterjee as Omichund
- Laboni Bhattacharjee as Haseena
- Sanghasri Sinha Mitra as Rabeya
- Amitava Das as Diwan Mohanlal
- Sreetoma Roy Chowdhury as Zebunnisha
- Nisha as Umdadunnissa Bahu Begum
- Ayendri Lavnia Roy as Shehzadi Afseen Begum
- Mohana Meem as Begum Gulshanara
- Ananda Chaudhury as Shaukat Jung
- Pallavi Mukherjee as Faizi Bai
- Ananya Guha as Hadiyah
Awards and Fame
It is known to be the most ambitious and expensive project of Bengali television series. Its lead actor Sean Banerjee has won awards for the best actor of 2019 in West Bengal tele academy awards for the portrayal of Mirza Muhammad Siraj ud Daulah.