Rodney Arnold Grant (born March 9, 1959) is an American actor. He is best known for his role as "Wind In His Hair" (Lakota: Pȟehíŋ Otȟáte) in the 1990 film Dances with Wolves.
Grant, a Native American, was raised on the Omaha Reservation in Macy, Nebraska. After his biological parents abandoned him, his grandparents raised him from six months of age, until 1982. Besides Dances with Wolves, he has also appeared in films such as Ghosts of Mars, Wild Wild West, Geronimo: An American Legend, White Wolves III: Cry of the White Wolf, Wagons East!, The Substitute, War Party, and Powwow Highway. He portrayed "Chingachgook" in the syndicated television series Hawkeye and also had guest roles in television series such as Due South, Two, and the Stargate SG-1 (episode "Spirits"). He also portrayed the famous warrior Crazy Horse in the 1991 television movie Son of the Morning Star.
Grant is a member of the Omaha tribe of Nebraska. He has been very active in youth activities and had served on the Native American Advisory Board for the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. He has five grown children, three from a previous marriage, and two from previous relationships. He later moved to southern California.
- 1988 War Party as The Crow (as Rodney Grant)
- 1989 Powwow Highway as Brave on Horse
- 1990 Dances with wolves as Wind in His Hair
- 1991 Son of the Morning Star as Crazy Horse
- 1992 Lakota Moon as Kills First
- 1992 Genghis Khan as Jamuga
- 1993 Dark Blood as Indian
- 1993 Geronimo: An American Legend as Mangas
- 1997 Stolen Women, Captured Hearts as Waxanhdo
- 1999 Wild, Wild West as Hudson
- 1999 The Jack Bull as Billy
- 2000 White Wolves III: Cry of the White Wolf as Quentin
- 2001 Ghosts of Mars as Tres
- 2002 Just a Dream as Cecil Running Bear
- 2010 Genghis Khan: The Story of a Lifetime as Jamuga
- 1990 The Making of 'Dances with Wolves' - as Himself (TV Short documentary)
- 1994-1995 Hawkeye - as Chingachgook (22 episodes)
- 1997 Big Guns Talk: The Story of the Western - as Himself (TV Movie documentary)