|Intro||French film director and journalist|
|Is||Film director Journalist Writer Non-fiction writer Politician|
|Type||Film, TV, Stage & Radio Journalism Literature Politics|
|Birth||15 October 1979, Boulogne-Billancourt, France|
Raphaël Glucksmann (born 15 October 1979) is a French journalist, film director, and political figure. In May 2019, he was elected a member of the European Parliament, within the S&D alliance.
Raphaël Glucksmann is the son of philosopher and writer André Glucksmann.
In 2018, he founded the French centre-left French political party Place Publique.
On 26 May 2019, Place publique and the French Socialist Party presented a joint list at the European Parliament election, with Raphaël Glucksmann as the head, under the title "Envie d'Europe, écologique et sociale". The list obtained a total of 6.2%, thereby sending six delegates to the European parliament: Raphaël Glucksmann, Sylvie Guillaume, Eric Andrieu, Aurore Lalucq, Pierre Larrouturou, Nora Mebarek. He has since been serving on the Committee on Foreign Affairs and its Subcommittee on Human Rights.
Between 2005 and 2012, Glucksmann was an adviser to former President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili.
Glucksmann was married to Georgian and Ukrainian politician Eka Zguladze until 2014.
He has a son, Gabriel, born 12 March 2017, with journalist Léa Salamé.
- Je vous parle de liberté, with Mikheil Saakashvili, Paris, Hachette Livre, 2008, ISBN 978-2012376489.
- Mai 68 expliqué à Nicolas Sarkozy, with André Glucksmann, 2008, ISBN 978-2207260074.
- Génération gueule de bois, Manuel de lutte contre les réacs, Allary Éditions, 2015, ISBN 978-2370730404.
- Notre France. Dire et aimer ce que nous sommes, Allary Éditions, 2016.
- Les Enfants du vide. De l'impasse individualiste au réveil citoyen, Allary Éditions, 2018, ISBN 978-2370731623.