Ramesh Chandra Majhi born on 9 April 1978)is an Indian politician family and the Minister of State for commerce & transports department in Government of Odisha. He took charge of this post on 2014.
Early life and Education
Ramesh Chandra Majhi was born to Jadav Majhi and Balamati Majhi on 9 April 1978 in Dandamunda village under Chandahandi tehsil in Nabarangpur district. He has one brother and three sisters. Due to his involvement in politics at a very young age, the lack of attention to his study interrupted his higher studies and further education.
Even after holding the post of Minister of State (Ind) for Information & Technology, Majhi was not a graduate; he did not pass his 10+2 exams until April 2011. In 2011 he appeared for his 10+2(Arts) examination under the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Orissa.
At the age of 20, Majhi became chairman of Chandahandi Block, at 25 Zilla Parishad member, at 27 youngest legislator of the State and at 31 Minister after being re-elected to the State Assembly.
- Joined Politics during the tenure of late Biju Patnaik
- Jan 1997: Elected as Panchayat Samiti Member of "Dhodipani" Gram Panchayat under Chandahandi Block.
- Elected as Chairman, Panchayat Samiti of Chandahandi, Dist.-Nabarangpur
- Elected as State Executive Member of B.J.D., Orissa
- Feb 2002: Elected as Zilla Parishad Member of Chandahandi.
- Nominated as Board of Director of Koraput Central Co-operative Bank, Jeypore
- Nominated as Active President of B.J.D., Nabarangpur district
- Nominated as President, Jadav Majhi Girls High School, Mohara
- Nominated as President, Paten High School, Patakhalia
- Nominated as President Khambeswari High School, Khairbhadi
- Nominated as President Panchayat High School, Langpada
- Nominated as President, Member Panabeda Mahavidyalay, Chandahandi
- "RCM career". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 14 March 2011.
- Member of Orissa Legislative Assembly from 2004 to 2009 (13th). Elected from Dabugam and contested from Biju Janata Dal party.
- Member of Orissa Legislative Assembly from 2009 to date (14th). Elected from Jharigam and contested from Biju Janata Dal party.
- ^ "RCM MLA".
Committee Memberships (Of Orissa Legislative Assembly)
|Member||House Committee on Rehabilitation||2004||2005|
|Member||House Committee on Rehabilitation||2005||2006|
|Member||Committee on Members' Amenities||2004||2005|
|Member||Committee on Sub-Ordinate legislation||2004||2005|
|Member||Committee on Members' Amenities||2005||2006|
|Member||Committee on Sub-Ordinate legislation||2005||2006|
|Member||Standing Committee on PR & RD (No.9)||2005||2006|
|Member||Committee on Members' Amenities||2006||2007|
|Member||Committee on Sub-Ordinate legislation||2006||2007|
|Member||Standing Committee on PR & RD (No.9)||2006||2007|
|Member||Committee on Members' Amenities||2007||cont.|
|Member||Under Rule 158(1)||2007||cont.|
He is helping Twenty five Block level "Yuvak Sangh(young committee)", which helps most in rural area development, environmental awareness, health camps, Improvement of Sports in both district level and block level, Literacy Programmes etc. He is a member and an advisor of "Gond Sanskrutik Samaj" of Nabarangpur district which runs Conservation of Forest land of Twenty Acres in Dalabeda Gram Panchayat and two special child labour school is running under the baner of "Panabeda Bikas Parishad".