Rakeshwar Pandey (14 January 1960) is National Secretary of Indian National Trade Union Congress, INTUC. and is related to Indian National Congress Party,Politically.
Rakeshwar Pandey stays in Jamshedpur, where he is Union President of over a dozen companies which includes various companies of Tata Group, Lafarge India, Indian cable Company, etc. Besides, Pandey is also President of Tisco Mazdoor Union.
Additionally, Rakeshwar Pandey is a Member of Governing Board, Open Forum, development organisation and an NGO based out of New Delhi, for promoting ICTs in the communities.
Rakeshwar Pandey was born in Sasaram District, Bihar on 14 January 1960 in a very lower-middle-class family.
He is married to Sita Pandey. They both have three daughters named Jyoti, Dr. Prity and Riti.
Rakeshwar Pandey started his career with Tata Steel Growth shop, wherein he joined as apprentice and after few years he became union's general secretary in the same company. subsequently he became union president in Tata Steel growth shop around in late 90s. He started becoming popular among labours in Jamshedpur because of his caring and equality for all nature. In few years, Mr. Pandey also became Union President of TRF and Tayo Rolls, a subsidiary of Tata Steel. Afterwards, he has risen to his career very strongly as Union President and in INTUC.
- National Secretary, Indian National Trade Union Congress,INTUC
- Union President, Tata Power Employees Union
- Union President, Tata Pigments Workers' Union
- Union President, Tata Robins Fraser Labour Union
- Union President, TAYO Workers Union
- Union President, Tisco Mazdoor Union
- Union President, JEMCO and ISWP Worker's Union
- Union President, Tinplate Company of India Limited
- Member of Governing Board, Open Forum
- Union President, Indian Cable Company(INCAB)
- Union President, Lafarge India
- Union President, Tata Steel Growth Shop
- Union President, BOC India, Linde Group
- Union President, Uranium Corporation of India Ltd
- Sr. Vice President, Indian National Electricity Workers Federation
- General secretary, Indian National Metal Workers Federation
- Sr Vice President President, Indian National Cement Workers Federation
- Union President, Jai Balaji Group
- Union President, Tata Steel Processing And Distribution Ltd
- General secretary , INTUC Jharkhand branch.
- Chairman, Regional Advisory Committee, Central Board of Workers Education
Pandey speaks to various social, management, leadership and labour related topic. He is also Union Leader of many other companies in Jamshedpur and other places. He is very active social worker and is involved with NGOs, Hospitals etc.
Rakeshwar Pandey has represented India in Geneva in 2008, in International Labour Conference. He has been part of Changement in Canada in 2001.