|Birth||May 30, 1906 (Tatoi Palace, Psychiko, Filothei-Psychiko Municipality, Attica Region)|
|Death||October 16, 1969 (Büdingen, Wetteraukreis, Darmstadt Government Region, Hesse)|
Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark (Greek: Πριγκίπισσα Θεοδώρα της Ελλάδας και Δανίας; 30 May 1906 – 16 October 1969) was the second child and daughter of Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark and Princess Alice of Battenberg, and the second eldest sister of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
Theodora was born on 30 May 1906 at Tatoi Palace. She was the sister of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, formerly Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark, the husband and consort of Elizabeth II. She also had three sisters: Margarita, Princess of Hohenlohe-Langenburg; Cecilie, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Hesse and by Rhine; and Sophie, Princess George of Hanover.
Marriage and children
Theodora married her paternal second cousin Berthold, Margrave of Baden on 17 August 1931 at Neues Schloß, Baden-Baden, Germany. They had three children:
- Princess Margarita Alice Thyra Viktoria Marie Louise Scholastica of Baden (14 July 1932 – 15 January 2013) she married Prince Tomislav of Yugoslavia on 5 June 1957 and they were divorced in 1981. They have two children, two granddaughters and one great-grandson.
- Prince Maximillian Andreas Friedrich Gustav Ernst August Bernhard of Baden (3 July 1933) he married Archduchess Valerie of Austria on 23 September 1966. They have four children and four grandchildren.
- Prince Ludwig Wilhelm Georg Ernst Christoph of Baden (16 March 1937) he married Princess Anna Maria (Marianne) of Auersperg-Breunner on 21 October 1967. They have three children:
- Princess Sophie Thyra Josephine Georgine Henriette of Baden (b. Heidelberg, 8 July 1975)
- Prince Berthold Ernst-August Emich Rainer of Baden (b. Heidelberg, 8 October 1976)
- Princess Aglaë Margarete Tatiana Mary of Baden (b. Heidelberg, 3 March 1981)
Their son Maximilian is styled Royal Highness as Margrave (and formerly Hereditary Prince) of Baden, while their other two children are styled Grand Ducal Highness.
Theodora died on 16 October 1969 at Büdingen, Germany, having survived her husband by six years. Her mother, Princess Alice, outlived her by five weeks, dying on 5 December 1969.
- Greece: Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Saints Olga and Sophia, 1st Class
- Greece: Dame Commander of the Order of Beneficence
- Greece: Knight of the Decoration of the Greek Royal House, 2nd Class
- House of Zähringen: Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Order of Fidelity
- United Kingdom: Recipient of the Queen Elizabeth II Coronation Medal
Through her father, she was a grandchild of George I of Greece and Olga Konstantinovna of Russia, a granddaughter of Emperor Nicholas I of Russia. Through her mother she was a great-great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria. Her mother was a granddaughter of Princess Alice, second daughter of Queen Victoria.