|Birth||25 August 1925 (Niederaichbach)|
|Death||17 September 2008 (Aufhausen)|
Princess Iniga Anna Margarete Wilhelmine Luise of Thurn and Taxis (German Iniga Anna Margarete Wilhelmine Luise, Prinzessin von Thurn und Taxis, 25 August 1925, Schloss Niederaichbach, Niederaichbach, Bavaria, Germany – 17 September 2008, Aufhausen, Germany) was a princess of the House of Thurn and Taxis by birth and a Princess of Urach through her marriage to Prince Eberhard von Urach, member of a morganatic branch of the former royal House of Württemberg .
Iniga was the second child and only daughter of Prince Ludwig Philipp of Thurn and Taxis and his wife Princess Elisabeth of Luxembourg.
Marriage and issue
Iniga married Prince Eberhard von Urach, eighth child of Wilhelm, 2nd Duke von Urach and his wife Duchess Amalie in Bavaria, civilly 18 May 1948 in Niederaichbach and religiously 20 May 1948 in Regensburg. Prince Eberhard served as a reconnaissance officer in 1938–44 and was promoted to major. Iniga and Eberhard had issue:
- Princess Amelie von Urach (6 April 1949), married Curt-Hildebrand von Einsiedel in 1974, with issue::
- Alexander von Einsiedel (4 January 1976)
- Elisabeth Helene von Einsiedel (4 May 1977) married 14 February 2012 Count Amaury du Réau de La Gaignonnière on 14 February 2012, later divorced. She remarried 17 May 2014 Ulrich Kunhardt von Schmidt, with issue.
- Georg Alexander Kunhardt von Schmidt (29 March 2014)
- Iniga von Einsiedel (11 January 1979) married 6 June 2015 Botho, Count von Lüttichau.
- Sophie von Einsiedel (2 March 1980) married Christian von Eichborn on 15 May 2004, with issue:
- Iniga Marianne Magdalene von Eichborn (30 April 2006)
- Therese von Einsiedel (17 January 1984) married 26 July 2014 Prince François of Orléans, Count of Dreux
- Victoria von Einsiedel (30 July 1986)
- Valerie von Einsiedel (30 July 1986)
- Felicitas von Einsiedel (23 February 1990) married 2015 Alexander von Kempis.
- Princess Elisabeth von Urach (10 December 1952–20 September 2012)
- Karl Anselm, Duke von Urach (5 February 1955) married 1990 Saskia Wüsthof, divorced1996, with issue; remarried 2014 Uta Maria Priemer.
- Wilhelm Albert, Duke of Urach (9 August 1957) married Karen von Brauchitsch on 1 February 1992, with issue.
- Prince Inigo of Urach (12 April 1965), married 21 September 1991Baroness Daniela von und zu Bodman, with issue:
- Prince Eberhard von Urach (20 October 1992)
- Prince Anselm von Urach (29 November 1996)
- Princess Amelie von Urach (11 November 1998)
After her father's death, Iniga inherited her father's estate Schloss Niederaichbach.
Iniga died on 17 September 2008 at her home in Aufhausen. A requiem and funeral were held at the Wallfahrtskirche St. Maria Himmelfahrt in Aufkirchen am Starnberger See on 23 September 2008. She was buried in the Friedhof Aufkirchen.
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 25 August 1925 – 18 May 1948: Her Serene Highness Princess Iniga of Thurn and Taxis
- 18 May 1948 – 17 September 2008: Her Serene Highness Princess Iniga von Urach
|Ancestors of Princess Iniga of Thurn and Taxis|