Princess Désirée of Hohenzollern (German: Désirée Margarethe Victoria Louise Sibylla Katharina Maria Prinzessin von Hohenzollern; born 27 November 1963) was born in Munich, Germany. She is a princess of the House of Hohenzollern and the second child of Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern.
Marriages and issue
Désirée married His Illustrious Highness Heinrich Franz Josef Georg Maria, Hereditary Count of Ortenburg in a religious ceremony at Hechingen, on 6 October 1990. Heinrich was born in 1956 at Bamberg, Germany. He is the son of Alram, Count of Ortenburg (1925–2007) and Agathe, Countess of Ortenburg (b. 1925). Désirée and Heinrich were divorced in 2002. Heinrich's father died on 6 August 2007, making Heinrich the new Count of Ortenburg and Head of House, and Carl-Theodor the new Hereditary Count. The family's seat is Tambach castle (today part of Weitramsdorf) in Franconia.
They had three children:
- Hereditary Count Carl-Theodor Georg Philipp Maria of Ortenburg (born in Germany, 21 February 1992).
- Count Frederik Hubertus Ferdinand Maria of Ortenburg (born in Germany, 7 February 1995).
- Countess Carolina Maria Franziska Christina Stephanie of Ortenburg (born in Germany, 23 March 1997).
Désirée married secondly at Schloss Bruchsal, in November 2004, Eckbert von Bohlen und Halbach, grandson of Gustav Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach. Eckbert was born in 1956.
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 27 November 1963 – 6 October 1990: Her Serene Highness Princess Désirée of Hohenzollern
- 6 October 1990 – 2002: Her Serene Highness The Hereditary Countess of Ortenburg, Princess of Hohenzollern
- 2002 – November 2004: Her Serene Highness Princess Désirée of Hohenzollern
- November 2004 – present: Her Serene Highness Princess Désirée of Hohenzollern, Mrs. Eckbert von Bohlen und Halbach
|Ancestors of Princess Désirée of Hohenzollern|