|A.K.A.||Wilhelm Karl August zu Schaumburg-Lippe|
|Birth||December 12, 1834 (Bückeburg, Schaumburg, Lower Saxony, Germany)|
|Death||April 4, 1906 (Ratibořice, Česká Skalice, Náchod District, Hradec Králové Region)|
Prince William of Schaumburg-Lippe (German: Prinz Wilhelm Karl August zu Schaumburg-Lippe; 12 December 1834 – 4 April 1906) was son of George William, Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe and member of the House of Lippe.
William was born at Bückeburg, Schaumburg-Lippe, seventh child and third son of George William, Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe (1784–1860), (son of Philip II, Count of Schaumburg-Lippe and Landgravine Juliane of Hesse-Philippsthal) and his wife, Princess Ida of Waldeck and Pyrmont (1796–1869), (daughter of George I, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont and Princess Augusta of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen).
William married 30 May 1862 at Dessau to Princess Bathildis of Anhalt-Dessau (1837–1902), daughter of Prince Frederick Augustus of Anhalt-Dessau, and his wife, Princess Marie Luise Charlotte of Hesse-Kassel.
They had eight children:
- Princess Charlotte of Schaumburg-Lippe (10 October 1864 – 16 July 1946), married in 1886 to William II of Württemberg, no issue.
- Prince Franz Joseph of Schaumburg-Lippe (8 October 1865 – 4 September 1881)
- Prince Friedrich of Schaumburg-Lippe (30 January 1868 – 12 December 1945), married in 1896 to Princess Louise of Denmark, had issue.
- Prince Albrecht of Schaumburg-Lippe (24 October 1869 – 25 December 1942), married in 1897 to Duchess Elsa of Württemberg, had issue.
- Prince Maximilian of Schaumburg-Lippe (13 March 1871 – 1 April 1904), married in 1898 to Duchess Olga of Württemberg, had issue.
- Princess Bathildis of Schaumburg-Lippe (21 May 1873 – 6 April 1962), married in 1895 to Friedrich, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont, had issue.
- Princess Adelaide of Schaumburg-Lippe (22 September 1875 – 27 January 1971), married in 1898 to Ernst II, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg, had issue, divorced in 1920.
- Princess Alexandra Caroline of Schaumburg-Lippe (9 June 1879 – 5 January 1949), scheduled to marry King Alexander I of Serbia, but against wishes of his parents, he instead married his mother's lady in waiting Draga Masin.
He and his daughter-in-law Princess Louise of Denmark died five hours apart at the family castle in Nachod, Bohemia.
Titles and styles
- 12 December 1834 – 4 April 1906: His Serene Highness Prince William of Schaumburg-Lippe
|Ancestors of Prince William of Schaumburg-Lippe|
Notes and sources
- Genealogics - Leo van de Pas - Wilhelm, Prinz zu Schaumburg-Lippe
- thePeerage.com - FWilhelm Prinz zu Schaumburg-Lippe
- L'Allemagne dynastique, Huberty, Giraud, Magdelaine, Reference: II 269