Pooja Rani Bohra (born 17 February 1991) is a female Indian middleweight boxer. She won the bronze medal at the 2014 Asian Games in the 75 kg category. She won the gold medal in South Asian Games 2016. She also won Silver (2012) and Bronze (2015) in Asian Championship 75 kg weight categories. She represented India at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014 in the 75 kg category. In 2016, she failed to qualify for the Rio Olympics when she lost at the second round of the Women's World Boxing Championships in May 2016. In 2020 She become first Indian to qualify for 2020 Summer Olympic.
Pooja Rani Bohra hails from Nimriwali village of Haryana state's Bhiwani district, considered to be the sport's cradle in India. It took her a year to find the courage to join the Hawa Singh Boxing Academy in her town, and kept it secret from her father, whom she knew would disapprove, when she did. She would hide her injuries from the sport so that her father would not find out, staying over at friend's houses while her wounds subsided.
Pooja had to fight against her father's dislike of the sport to be allowed to compete professionally for almost six months. In an interview, she mentions how her father would tell her that 'good children did not play boxing'. When her father found out about her boxing ambitions, he banned her from attending classes. Her coach Sanjay Kumar Sheoran had to plead with her family to allow her to compete. Even so, it took nearly six months to convince her parents to allow her to box professionally.
Her first major win came in 2009 when she bagged a silver medal, defeating a leading Haryana boxer Preeti Beniwal in the state championships – the National Youth Boxing Championship 2009. She comments that her family became supportive of her career after this win.
Pooja also serves as an Income Tax inspector at the Haryana government.
Pooja won the National Youth Boxing Championship in 2009, after which she broke through to the national stage. She then won the silver medal at the Asian Boxing Championships 2012 and the Arafura Games held in Australia in 2012, making her one of the top contenders to qualify for the 2016 Olympics at Rio. However, she lost at the second round of the AIBA Women's World Boxing Championships in 2016 and thus failed to qualify for the Rio Olympics.
She also had the opportunity to represent India in the 2014 Commonwealth Games, but lost to famous English boxer Savannah Marshal 0–3 in the Round of 16. She also represented India at the 2018 AIBA Women's World Boxing Championship, where she made a first round exit.
She become first Indian to qualify for any Olympic and also 2020 Summer Olympic with his 5–0 win over Pornnipa Chutee in the QF of the women's 75kg at the Asia-Oceania Oly qualifiers.
1. 12th South Asian Games held in Shillong, from 10th to15th Feb. 2016 :------- GOLD
2. 6th Asian Women Boxing championship held in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia from 16 to 26 March 2012::--------- SILVER
3. 7th Asian Women Boxing championship held in Wulanchabu, China from 5 to 14 Aug.2015 ::------ BRONZE
4. 17th Asian Games held in Incheon, Korea from 19th to 30th Oct. 2014::-----BRONZE
5. Commonwealth Games 2014:----PARTICIPATE
6. China open Boxing Guiyang city from 27th may to 4 June 2011 :------BRONZE
7. Arafura Games held in Darwin, Australia from 9th may to 12 May 2011:------- SILVER
8. AIBA Women world Boxing Championship 2012 and 2016(Quarter finalist) :--- PARTICIPATE
9. 3rd Nations cup held in Verbas, Serbia from 9th to 12 Jan. 2014 :------BRONZE
10. 5th Nations cup held in Ruma, Serbia from 7th to 13th Jan. 2016 :------ BRONZE
11. Olympic qualifie Asia - Osiana 1st round :---- PARTICIPATE
1. 11th Senior women National Boxing championship held in Thrissur, Kerala from 5th 10th Dec.2010 :--------BRONZE
2. 12th Senior Women National Boxing championship held in Bhopal, M. P. from 11th to 16th Oct. 2011 :----------- SILVER
3. 13th Senior Women National Boxing championship held in Guwahati, Assam from 25th to 29th Nov. 2012:-------GOLD
4. 14th Senior Women National Boxing championship held in Khatima, Uttrakhand from 18th to 23rd may :--------- GOLD
5. 16th Senior Women National Boxing championship held in Bongaigaon, Assam from 27th Oct. to 2nd Nov.2015:-----------GOLD
6. 34th National Games held in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand from 17th to 24th Feb. 2011:--------GOLD
7. Federation cup held in Uttrakhand, Nainital from 26th to 29th Nov. 2009 :---------GOLD
8. Federation cup held in Nainital from 18th to 29th Nov. 2010 :-------- GOLD
9. 4th Senior North Zone Boxing championship held in Chandigarh from 14th to 16th 2009 :----------GOLD
10. 4th Youth women National boxing championship held in Goa from 25th to 30th mar. 2009:------- SILVER
11. All India inter-University held in MLS Udaipur from 21st to 24th Jan. 2011:---------GOLD
1. 5th Youth women State Boxing championship held in Balabhgarh, Faridabad from 24th to 26th Jan. 2009 :----------GOLD
2. 8th Senior Women state Boxing championship held in Bhiwani from 22nd to 23rd Aug. 2009 :-------- GOLD
3. 9th Senior Women State Boxing championship held in Samalkha, Panipat from 26th to 28th Nov. 2010:-------GOLD
4 . 10th Senior Women State Boxing championship held in Bucholi, Mahendergarh from 15 to 18 September. 2011:------------GOLD
5. 12th Senior Women State Boxing championship held in UBA Hissar from 11 to 13 May 2013 :----------- GOLD
6. 13th Senior Women State Boxing championship held in Bhiwani from 26 to 28 June 2014 :------------GOLD
7..14th Senior Women State Boxing championship held in Rohtak from 12th to15th Sept. 2015 :-------------GOLD