Pitobash Tripathy is a Hindi film actor, originally from the state of Odisha, India. He is known for his role in the movies I Am Kalam and Shor in the City.
Early life and education
Pitobash was born in Deuli, Nayagarh, Odisha. Pitobash was brought up in Bhubaneswar where he completed his schooling from Government High School, Unit 1, Bhubaneswar. Then, he joined Buxi Jagabandhu Bidyadhar College, Bhubaneswar for his higher secondary education. He completed a Bachelor of Technology degree in 2005 from Government College of Engineering & Leather Technology from Kolkata, he also holds a diploma in acting from the Film and Television Institute of India.
Tripathy was awarded with the National Bal Shree Honour from the president of India in the field of creative performance at the age of 12. He was also involved in theater in Kolkata. in 2007. Later he joined Bollywood as an actor.
Tripathy started acting with the movie 99. He then appeared in a supporting role in 3 Idiots. Later, he acted in I Am Kalam, directed by Nila Madhab Panda, and Shor in the City. He also acted in the movie Mirch in five different roles. Additional appearance include the films Joker, Aalaap, Shanghai and Once Upon ay Time in Mumbai Dobaara!.
|2009||3 Idiots||Junior 7||=|
|2010||I Am Kalam||Laptan|
|2011||Shor in the City||Mandook||Won Screen Award for Best Comedian|
|2013||Go Goa Gone||Red Drug Handler|
|2013||Once Upon a Time in Mumbai Dobaara||Derd Tang|
|2014||Million Dollar Arm||Amit Rohan|
Awards and honors
Odisha Youth Inspiration Award – 2012
- 2012 – Odisha Youth Inspiration Award – 2012
- 2012 – Screen Best Actor in a Comic Role Award for Shor in the City
- 2012 – Screen Promising Newcomer Of The Year for Shor in the City
- 2012 – Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for Shor in the City
- 2012 – Stardust Best Actor (Search lights)Award for Shor in the City
Global Indian Film and Television Honours
- 2012 – GIFTH Best Actor In A Supporting Role Award for Shor in the City
- 1996: National Bal Shree Honour – from President of India, Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma in Creative Performance