peoplepill id: peter-thumb
|Known for||Wallfahrtskirche Birnau am Bodensee|
|Birth||18 December 1681, Bezau, Austria|
|Death||4 March 1766, Konstanz, Germany (aged 84 years)|
The details (from wikipedia)
Peter Thumb (1681–1767) was an Austrian architect whose family came from the Vorarlberg, the today westernmost part of Austria. He is best known for his Rococo architecture, mainly in Southern Germany. Outstanding examples of his work include the pilgrimage church at Birnau on Lake Constance and the monastery library at the Abbey of Saint Gall, Saint Gallen, Switzerland.
His works include:
- St. Trudpert's Abbey: the nave of the abbey church, circa 1715-22, and the conventual buildings, 1738–39
- Königsbrück Abbey: the abbey church, 1721 (no longer extant)
- Ebersmunster Abbey: the abbey church, 1727
- St. Peter's Abbey in the Black Forest: the abbey church, 1724–1727, and the library, 1737–39
- Pilgrimage Church at Birnau, 1746–50
- Abbey of Saint Gall: library, 1757-67
comments so far.