Peter Baltes (born 4 April 1958) is a German hard rock and heavy metal musician. He is the former bassist of the German heavy metal group Accept, having played bass guitar on all of their 15 albums, which have sold more than 17 million records around the world. He joined them in 1976 after Dieter Rubach left the band and also made minor contributions as a lead vocalist with Accept on their early albums and on the album Predator of 1996. After 42 years as a member, Baltes announced his departure from Accept in November 2018; the band later replaced him with former Uli Jon Roth sideman Martin Motnik.
Baltes lives in Pennsylvania and is a convert to Protestant Christianity being an active member of the Christian Life Center. He has two sons, Zen and Sebastian.
Other recording credits
- Recording background vocals on the Scorpions' Savage Amusement album.
- Played bass on John Norum's albums Face the Truth, Worlds Away, and more.
- Played bass and background vocals on Don Dokken's solo effort Up from the Ashes.
- Voted number 1 bass player in Burn Magazine reader's poll of 1985.
- Voted best bass player in Europe for Metal Hammer magazine in 1985.