Paul R. House (born 1958) is an American Old Testament scholar, author, and seminary professor who served as 2012 president of the Evangelical Theological Society. He earned his B.A. from Southwest Baptist University, his M.A. from the University of Missouri, and his M.Div. and Ph.D. from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
House taught at Taylor University for ten years before joining the faculty at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in 1996, where he was appointed by Albert Mohler as the first editor of The Southern Baptist Journal of Theology. From 1999 until 2001, he taught at Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry and was a member of the Translation Oversight Committee for the English Standard Version of the Bible. From 2001 until 2004, House was professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College. In 2004, House joined the faculty at Beeson Divinity School, where he continues to serve as professor of divinity, teaching Old Testament theology and Hebrew. In 2012, House served as the President of the Evangelical Theological Society.
- House, Paul R. (1988). Zephaniah: A Prophetic Drama. Journal for the Study of the Old Testament, Supplement Series. 69. Decatur, GA: Almond Press. ISBN 0567599264.
- ——— (1995). 1, 2 Kings. New American Commentary. 8. Nashville, TN: B&H Academic. ISBN 0805401083.
- ——— (1990). The Unity of the Twelve. Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies. Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press. ISBN 0567120759.
- ——— (1998). Old Testament Theology. Downers Grove, IL: Inter-Varsity Press. ISBN 0830815236.
- ———; Thornbury, Greg A. (2000). Who Will Be Saved?: Defending the Biblical Understanding of God, Salvation, & Evangelism. Wheaton, IL: Crossway Books. ISBN 1581341431.
- ——— (2004). Lamentations. Word Biblical Commentary. 23b. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson. ISBN 0849908256.
- ———; Hafemann, Scott J., eds. (2007). Central Themes in Biblical Theology: mapping unity in diversity. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic. ISBN 080103423X.
- House, Paul R. (2015). Bonhoeffer's Seminary Vision: A Case for Costly Discipleship and Life Together. Wheaton, IL: Crossway. ISBN 1433545446.