Patricia Barbizet (born 17 April 1955) is a prominent figure in the French business world. She was appointed Chief Executive Officer of Christie’s in 2014, the first female CEO of the company. She has been Executive Director of Artemis since 1992 and is Vice-Chairman of the Board ofKering (ex PPR) and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Christie’s.
Daughter of film producer Philippe Dussart and painter Monique Cartier, Patricia Barbizet graduated from ESCP Europe in 1976. She began her career as an executive assistant with Renault in 1977.
She then held the positions of International Treasurer (1979 to 1982) followed by "Group Treasurer" of RVI (Renault Industrial Vehicles, which became Renault Trucks) until 1984, and finally CFO of Renault Crédit International and Director of Renault Acceptance BV from 1984 to 1989.
In 1989, she joined the Pinault Group as Chief Financial Officer and was appointed Deputy Director-General for Finance and Communication of Pinault-CFAO (1990) before becoming Managing Director of Artemis, the investment company of the Pinault family. Artemis owns 40% of Kering, 100% of Christie’s, Chateau Latour, Le Point ... As such, she is Vice President of the Board of Kering (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute), the world Number 3 in the luxury goods sector, Chairman of Christie’s International PLC and she serves on the boards of several of the Group’s companies (Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent...) She also serves as a qualified independent member of the Board of Total SA.
In 2015, she was ranked 6 in Fortune Magazine's 50 Most Powerful Women EMEA.
On 20 November 2008, the President of the Republic appointed her to head the Investment Committee of the €20 billion Strategic Investment Fund (a subsidiary of the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations).
In November 2012, she was honored by the international educational organization, Humanity in Action.
Her husband, Jean Barbizet, former President of Barclays Capital France, headed the investment division of Barclays Bank.
- Former mandates
- Member of the board of Directors PSA Peugeot-Citroen (2013-2016)
- member of the board of Directors Air France-KLM (2003-2013)
- Member of the Board of Directors Bouygues-TF1 (2000-2013)
- Head of the Investment Committee of the €20billion Stategic Investment Fund (public fund).
- President (1980–82) then Honorary President of the French Association of Corporate Treasurers (AFTE)
- Former President and CEO of SEFIMEG
- Member of the Financial Markets Authority (CMF) (1996–2002)
- "Patricia Barbizet". Reuters. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- "Patricia Barbizet". World Economic Forum. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- "Humanity in Action Honored Patricia Barbizet, Corinne Mentzelopoulos and Ron Chernow". Humanity in Action. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Patricia Barbizet". Management Scope. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- She is chairman of the Board of Directors of the Philharmonie de Paris
- She is a member of the Board of Directors of the Paris Opera and of RMN-Grand Palais