Dr. Padamsinha Bajirao Patil (born 1 June 1940) is a former member of 15th Lok Sabha, lower house of Parliament of India. He was elected to the Lok Sabha on a Nationalist Congress Party ticket in the May 2009 general elections. He is a former member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly for 8 terms. He is considered as Sharad Pawar's closest confidante. His sister is wife of Deputy-chief minister Ajit Pawar. He was a minister in the Maharashtra Government for more than 20 years. He is former deputy speaker of the Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha, Deputy Opposition Leader and also the State President of Sharad Pawar's Congress(S). He was responsible for constructing the largest number of Kolhapur Type ("K.T.") Dams in his home turf Osmanabad and was also responsible for making Osmanabad the most irrigated district in the otherwise backward and largely arid Marathwada region. He is considered as Sharad Pawar's muscle man. He was responsible in bringing Chhagan Bhujbal into the Nationalist Congress Party ("N.C.P") and creating other stalwart leaders in the party. His son Ranajagjitsinha Patil is a former Minister of State for Industries, Revenue, Agriculture, Cultural Affairs, Protocol, Employment and Employment with guarantee scheme, Parliamentary Affairs and a Member of the Legislative Council ("MLC") for two terms; he has now been elected as a Member of the Legislative Assembly ("MLA") for Osmanabad Vidhan Sabha constituency.
The Justice P. B. Sawant Committee indicted him for siphoning off farmers' money from the Terna Sugar Cooperative money meant for victims of Kargil and the Gujarat earthquake. This allegation was never pursued or proved.
He was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for his alleged involvement in the murder of his cousin brother, confidante Pawanraje Nimbalkar and remanded in the agency's custody. This was considered as a political conspiracy by many against him and Sharad Pawar. He was never in judicial custody for more than a week. He was granted bail on a surety of Rs 2 lakh. The trial in Alibaug court began on 6 June 2011 and a verdict in a court of law is still pending.
- 1975-1978 Chairman Building and Construction ("B&C") Committee Zilla Parishad ("Z.P.") Osmanabad
- 1975-1978 Member Zilla Parishad Osmanabad
- 1978-2009 Member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly ("MLA")
- 1978–1980 Cabinet Minister for Energy & Excise, Government of Maharashtra
- 1986–1988 Deputy Speaker, Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
- 1988–1994 Cabinet Minister for Irrigation, Home Affairs & Ex. Services Welfare, Government of Maharashtra
- 1995-1999 Deputy Leader of the Opposition
- 1999–2002 Cabinet Minister for Energy and Water Resources, Government of Maharashtra
- 2002–2004 Cabinet Minister for Water Resources (excluding Krishna Valley Irrigation), Government of Maharashtra
- 2009 Elected to the 15th Lok Sabha.