P. K. Gopi (Malayalam: പികെഗോപി ) is an Indian poet writing in the language Malayalam and also a physiotherapist. He is a writer of lyrics for Malayalam films and is a member of Kerala Sahitya Akademi. He is the state President of Yuva Kala Sahithi.
He won the Mahakavi Vennikkulam Memorial Literary Award for 2006, for his anthology of poems entitled Chiranthanam. Gopi was also awarded the Mahakavi Kuttamath award in 2000. He won the Bhima Balasahitya Award in 2016 He is the author of more than 15 Malayalam poetry books. He also penned for 25 Malayalam films.
P.K.Gopi was born in Koduman-Angadikkal village in Pattanamthitta District of Kerala on June 8, 1949. His father is P.K.kunjupillai and mother, Kalyani. He completed his schooling from Angadikkal S.N.V.High School. He also studied in Pathanapuram St. Stephens college and Velloor Christian Medical College. He retired from Government Service as a Physiotherapist. He won the Jesees award given for the best govt employee.At present Gopi is the member of Kerala Sahitya Akademi and Thunchan Trust, Tirur. He is the State President of Yuva Kala Sahithi. His songs have been part of many successful professional dramas/serials/documentaries /stage performances in Malayalam. Many of his poems have been translated into English and various other Indian languages such as Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada. More than 35 CDs/cassettes/albums in various branches of Malayalam songs such as light music, devotional, chorus etc. All India Radio, Doordarshan and various TV channels have broadcast/telecast innumerous songs for the last 40 years. He is a vibrant and potential writer and cultural activist in the contemporary Malayalam literary scenario.
- Sudarshanappakshiyude thooval
- Ayirathirandamathe Rathri
- Sushumnayile Sangeetham
- Marubhoomiyile mazhaganitham
- Thanal maram
- Arivum Murivum
- Nenjile Mancherathukal
- Oolachoottinte Velicham
- Novinte Sangeetham
- Swaathanthryathinte Chirakukal
He has written lyrics for the following Malayalam films.
- Peruvannapurathe Visheshangal
- Mannadiyaar penninu chengotta chekkan
- Ottayal pattalam
- Thiruvithamkoor thirumanassu
- Oru kochu bhoomi kilukkam
- Kusruthi kaattu.
Achievements and awards
- Sanjayan Award (Malayala Bhasha Paadashaala)
- Kambisseri Award
- Mahakavi P.Kunjiraman Nair Award
- P.P.Gopalan smaraka puraskaram
- Mundasheri Memorial Award
- Pala Sahridaya Samithi Award
- Ezhumangalam Award
- Abudabi Malayali Samajam Award
- Kuwait Malayali Samajam Award
- Mahakavi Kuttamath Award
- Shakthi Award
- Moodadi Damodaran Memorial Award
- Mahakavi Vennikkulam Award
- Delhi Gayathri Award
- Prof. Kozhisheri Balaraman Award
- Moloor Smaraka Award
- K.P.Kayalatt Award
- P.Narendra Nath Award
- P.T.Bhaskara panikkar Award
- Malayala chalachithra parishad award (for best lyrics)
- American Malayalee Doctors Award.
- N.V.Krishnawarrior Award
- Mehmood Clari kavitha puraskaram
- Sahithyakeralam kavitha puraskaram
- Aathmaayanangalude khassak Award
- Konniyoor Radhakrishanan smaraka samanwayam Award
- Azeekkal krishankutty smaraka kavitha puraskaaram
- P.R.Nambiar award