|Intro||Cuban volleyball player|
|Is||Athlete Volleyball player Beach volleyball player|
|Birth||12 August 1985, Santiago de Cuba, Cuba|
Osmany Juantorena Portuondo (born 12 August 1985) is a Cuban-born Italian volleyball player, a member of Cuba national volleyball team in 2003–2006 and current member of Italy national volleyball team and Italian club Cucine Lube Civitanova. Juantorena was bronze medalist of the 2005 World League and silver medalist 2016 Summer Olympics. He is a multiple winner of the CEV Champions League and FIVB Club World Championship with the Italian club Trentino Volley. Juantorena is the record owner of the highest number of Most Valuable Player awards at FIVB Club World Championship, with 4 times.
Juantorena was born in Santiago de Cuba. He is a nephew of Alberto Juantorena, a Cuban former track runner and politician. Osmany Juantorena and his wife Glenda became first time parents on May 3, 2013 with the arrival of their first baby daughter named Victoria. On September 23,2018 with arrival second baby daughter named Angelica.
He started his junior career as 12 years old in the Orientales de Santiago. After several years, he moved to his first professional club in the Russian league – Ural Ufa, and in the following season he went to the Itas Diatec Trentino. During his time playing in Italy, he won the gold medal at the CEV Champions League three times with his club (2009/2010, 2010/2011) and the bronze medal in 2012. He won four gold medals in the FIVB Volleyball Men's Club World Championship (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012). With the club from Trentino, he won two silver (2009/2010, 2011/2012) and one gold medal of the Italian Championship (2010/2011) and two Italian Cups (2010, 2012). In May 2010 he played for a short loan in Qatar. He returned to Itas Diatec Trentino in September 2010. In 2012/2013 won Italian Cup and title of Italian Champion.
After moving to Halkbank Ankara in 2013, he achieved the Turkish SuperCup 2013 and the title of Turkish champion. In 2014 Halkbank Ankara, including Juantorena, gained again Turkish SuperCup. In April 2015 he announced that he would continue his career in Cucine Lube Civitanova.
Juantorena first stormed the international stage back in 2003 up to 2006 with Cuba. With Cuba he won bronze medals at 2005 FIVB World League. Juantorena joined Italy national team 2015 year, but it is with Italy where he is reaping the most success, claiming a European championship bronze and FIVB World Cup silver medalist in 2015. Juantorena has had a hugely positive impact on Italy’s attacking prowess in 2016 Summer Olympics. Juantorena finally played in an Olympic game as a member of the powerful Italian team and won silver medal.
CEV Champions League
FIVB Club World Championship
- 2005 Russian League – Most Valuable Player
- 2005 FIVB World League – Best Receiver
- 2009 FIVB Club World Championship – Best Server
- 2010 CEV Champions League – Most Valuable Player
- 2010 FIVB Club World Championship – Best Spiker
- 2010 FIVB Club World Championship – Most Valuable Player
- 2011 CEV Champions League – Most Valuable Player
- 2011 FIVB Club World Championship – Best Spiker
- 2011 FIVB Club World Championship – Most Valuable Player
- 2011 Seri A – Best Server
- 2012 Italian Cup – Most Valuable Player
- 2012 Emir of Qatar Cup - Most Valuable Player
- 2012 FIVB Club World Championship – Most Valuable Player
- 2014 Italian Cup – Most Valuable Player
- 2014 Turkey League – Most Valuable Player
- 2015 Emir of Qatar Cup - Most Valuable Player
- 2015 FIVB World Cup – Best Outside Spiker
- 2017 FIVB Club World Championship – Most Valuable Player
- 2018 CEV Champions League – Best Outside Spiker
- 2019 CEV Champions League – Most Valuable Player