peoplepill id: oskar-hubert-dennhardt
German officer and Knight's Cross recipients
|Intro||German officer and Knight's Cross recipients|
|Birth||30 June 1915, Markranstädt, Landkreis Leipzig, Saxony, Germany|
|Death||19 June 2014, Schmalfeld, Segeberg, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany (aged 99 years)|
The details (from wikipedia)
Oskar-Hubert Dennhardt (30 June 1915 – 19 June 2014) was a German officer (Major) in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves of Nazi Germany.
Dennhardt served in the Landtag of Schleswig-Holstein as a Christian Democratic Union politician after World War II. He rejoined the military service in the West German Bundeswehr in 1955, retiring in 1971 holding the rank of Brigadegeneral. He commanded the Panzergrenadierbrigade 16 from 1 November 1965 to 31 March 1968 and was deputy commander of the 6th Panzergrenadier Division.
Awards and decorations
- Wehrmacht Long Service Award 4th Class (28 May 1938)
- Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (2 June 1940) & 1st Class (8 September 1940)
- Wound Badge (1939) in Black (26 August 1941); in Silver (29 August 1942); in Gold (5 October 1942)
- Infantry Assault Badge in Bronze (1 May 1942)
- Eastern Front Medal (3 August 1942)
- German Cross in Gold on 12 February 1943 as Hauptmann in the III./Grenadier-Regiment 53 (motorized)
- Close Combat Clasp in Bronze (6 December 1943) & in Silver (15 April 1945)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 18 March 1942 as Major and commander of the II./Grenadier-Regiment 11 and regiment leader
- (870th) Oak Leaves on 9 May 1945 as Major and leader of Grenadier-Regiment 1143
- Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany 1st Class (10 May 1971)
comments so far.