Olga Georges-Picot (6 January 1940 – 19 June 1997) was a French actress. She was a great-niece of François Georges-Picot.
Life and career
Born in Shanghai, in Japanese-occupied China, she was the daughter of Guillaume Georges-Picot, the French Ambassador to China, and a Russian mother, Anastasia Vyacheslavovna Mironovich. She attended the Lycée français de New York (Class of 1958). She studied acting at the Actors Studio in Paris. Her acting career covered many diverse French and English films and television roles. She was featured in Playboy Magazine’s "Sex in Cinema" and also on the front cover of the periodical Adam.
She played significant roles in three classic mainstream films: Denise, the OAS mole, in The Day of the Jackal (1973); Countess Alexandrovna in Woody Allen’s Love and Death (1975); and Julie Anderson in Basil Dearden’s The Man Who Haunted Himself (1970). Her break-through role in the movies was as Catrine in the Alain Resnais’ film Je t'aime, je t'aime (1968). Earlier that year, she had appeared in the French television movie Thibaud the Crusader (1968).
Biographical information on her life and career is very limited and often incomplete. Georges-Picot suffered from severe depression; during one bout of depression she jumped, on Thursday 19 June 1997, from the 5th floor of an apartment building that overlooked the river Seine, in Paris, France, and was killed.
- Tales of Paris (1962) - La secrétaire (segment "Ella")
- Two for the Road (1967) - Joanna's Touring Friend (uncredited)
- Je t'aime, je t'aime (1968) - Catrine
- Farewell, Friend (1968) - Isabelle Moreau
- The Other People (1968) - Elsa
- Summit (1968)
- Catherine (1969) - Catherine
- The Man Who Haunted Himself (1970) - Julie Anderson
- Connecting Rooms (1970) - Claudia
- La cavale (1971) - Nadine
- The Man Who Quit Smoking (1972) - Gunhild
- La révélation (1973) - Clarie
- Un Homme libre (1973) - Nicole Lefèvre
- The Day of the Jackal (1973) - Denise
- Le feu aux lèvres (1973) - Christine Benoît
- Les Confidences érotiques d'un lit trop accueillant (1973) - Dominique
- Féminin-féminin (1973) - Marie-Hélène
- Successive slidings of pleasure (1974) - Nora / lawyer
- Persecution (1974) aka Sheba, The Graveyard, The Terror of Sheba - Monique Kalfon
- Children of Rage (1975) - Leylah Saleh
- Love and Death (1975) - Countess Alexandrovna
- Goodbye Emmanuelle (1977) - Florence
- Brigade mondaine (1978)
- Rebelote (1984) - Suzanne Chauveau, la mère