peoplepill id: oleg-saitov
|A.K.A.||Oleg Elekpayevich Saitov|
|Birth||26 May 1974, Novokuybyshevsk, Russia|
The details (from wikipedia)
Oleg Elekpayevich Saitov (Russian: Оле́г Элекпа́евич Саи́тов; (born May 26, 1974 in Novokuybyshevsk, Russian SFSR to a Volga Tatar father and ethnic Russian mother) is a Russian boxer.
He won the Olympic gold medal at the 1996 and 2000 Summer Olympics in the welterweight division, and bronze medal in the 2004 Olympics. He was the winner of the Val Barker Trophy for Outstanding Boxer at the 2000 Olympic Games. In 2004 he won the title at the 2004 European Amateur Boxing Championships in Pula, Croatia.
1996 Olympic Results
- Round of 32:Defeated Cahit Sume of Turkey - PTS (11-1)
- Round of 16:Defeated Ho-Jo Bae of South Korea -PTS (9-5)
- Quarterfinal:Defeated Kamel Chater of Tunisia - PTS (9-3)
- Semifinal:Defeated Daniel Santos of Puerto Rico - PTS (13-11)
- Final:Defeated Juan Hernandez Sierra of Cuba - PTS (14-9)
2000 Olympic Results
- Round of 16:Defeated Francisco Calderon of Colombia - PTS (15-1)
- Quarterfinal:Defeated Ruslan Khairov of Azerbaijan - PTS (10-10; 55-47)
- Semifinal:Defeated Dorel Simion of Romania - PTS (19-10)
- Final:Defeated Sergey Dotshenko of Ukraine- PTS (24-16)
2004 Olympic Results
- Round of 32:Defeated Miloud Ant Hammi of Morocco - PTS (30-15)
- Round of 16:Defeated Mohamed Hikal of Egypt - PTS (18-17)
- Quarterfinal:Defeated Sherzod Husanov of Uzbekistan - PTS (22-14)
- Semifinal:Lost to Bakhtiyar Artayev of Kazakhstan - PTS (18-20)
comments so far.