Nuri Şahin (volleyball)
|Intro||Turkish volleyball player|
|Is||Athlete Volleyball player|
|Birth||1 January 1980, Tokat, Tokat, Tokat Province, Turkey|
Nuri Şahin (Turkish pronunciation: [ˈnuɾi ˈʃahin]; born January 1, 1980 in Tokat, Turkey) is a Turkish volleyball player. He is 1.97 m (6 ft 6 in) tall at 91 kg (201 lb), and plays as libero. He capped 155 times for the Turkey men's national volleyball team. As of 2012-13 season, Şahin plays for Halkbank Ankara and wears number 5. He studied at Marmara University.
Born on January 1, 1980 in Tokat, Şahin began playing volleyball in primary school. In 1994, he went professional at Eczacıbaşı. He was then a member of Galatasaray, Emlakbank, Arçelik, Fenerbahçe and Arkas Spor Izmir before he transferred in July 2012 to Halkbank Ankara.
Nuri Şahin is married since 2006 and has a son, Alp Toğan Şahin, born in 2011.
He was a member of the Turkey men's national volleyball team, which was the champion at the 2005 Summer Universiade held in İzmir, Turkey. He won the Men's CEV Cup 2012–13 with Halkbank Ankara and was named "Best Receiver" of the tournament.
- Men's CEV Cup 2012–13 - Champion with Halkbank Ankara
- 2014/2015 Turkish SuperCup2014, with Halkbank Ankara
- 2014/2015 Turkish Cup, with Halkbank Ankara
- 2014/2015 Turkish Championship, with Halkbank Ankara
- Men's CEV Cup 2012–13 "Best Receiver"
- 2005 Summer Universiade - 01 ! Gold