Nitin Raut is an Indian politician. He is a member of the Indian National Congress Party and was the Cabinet Minister of Employment Guarantee and Water Conservation in the Government of Maharashtra, India until 2014.
He earned a B.A in commercial aviation.
He was elected to the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly from Nagpur North constituency, in Nagpur district consecutively in the 1999, 2004 and 2009 elections. As of 2014 he served as a Maharashtra Cabinet Minister for Employment Guarantee Scheme and Water Conservation. He was Former Minister for Animal Husbandry, Dairy Development, and Fisheries, Home, Jail, State Labor and Excise Department.
During his tenure, Nitin Raut published books and won awards for his contribution.
Legislative Council positions
- Member, Statutory Committee SC/ST Welfare
- Member, Statutory Committee Employment Guarantee Scheme
- Member, Statutory Standing Committee, Home department
- Member, Statutory Committee Reservation Act
- Member, Statutory Committee Theft of Forest Products
- Member, Statutory Committee Employment and Self Employment
- Member, Statutory Committee Joint Selection Committee, Andh Shraddha Nirmulan
- Member, Publishing society of Dr, Babasaheb Ambedkar’s writings and speeches, Maharashtra state
- Member, DUDA
- Chairman and former trustee, Nagpur Improvement Trust
- President, Advisory Committee, MSRTC
- Chairman, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Visitor’s Board\
- Chairman, Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana
- Chairman, Food and Civil Supplies District Committee
- Vice president, Maharashtra State Congress Committee
- Member, AICC, Since 2001.
- Former Joint secretary, Maharashtra State Congress Committee.
- PCC In-Charge / Districts: 1. Bhandara, 2. Gondia, 3. Pimpri Chinchwad, 4, Navi Mumbai.
- Member, MPCC, Major Group.
- Member, MPCC Media Committee.
- Member, State Policy Committee.
- Member of the Jail Bharo Movement, for the great and adorable leader Indira Gandhi.
- AICC Inspector, Jharkhand Assembly Election 2005.
- AICC Inspector, West Bengal Assembly Elections 2006.
- AICC Inspector, Gujarat Assembly Elections 2007.
- AICC Inspector, Goa assembly Elections 2007.
- AICC Inspector, Punjab, Jammu & Kashmir Assembly Elections 2008.
- Active participation in the campaigns of Madhya Pradesh Assembly and General Elections. Apart from politics, his other interests involve social work; which he carries out through an NGO, Sankalp.
- Educational qualifications
He became the Vice President of Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) in 2001.
He served as the General Secretary MPCC.
He is an active member of the MPCC Core Group and Media Committee.
He began serving as a member of the All India Congress Committee in 2001.
Books and Publications
- Buddhist Marriage and Succession Act, 2007
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar's views on Birth Control and its Relevance with Modern India
- Buddhism and Dalit: Social Philosophy and Tradition
Nitin Raut carries out social work through 'Sankalp', an NGO that works to aid Dalits and other downtrodden people. It provides relief to victims of natural and man-made calamities such as floods and communal riots.
- 'Man of the Year' award 2002 by American Biographical Society, USA
- Vijay Ratna Puraskar from A.I, Bhikkhu Sangha, in 2009